What's new

Good Alternator Recon/Refurb Sellers

Cheers John,

Already have the short belt and new alternator back in 2014 and its gone again. Albeit I have done 100k miles.

Most likely the pulley but could be internal bearings again.
Likely easier to get a new recon alternator than gambling on changing the pulley, as I would need to get the Sealey SX400 tool set.

Alex don't bother going for a recon alternator there is no guarantee genuine parts were used to rebuild it. I'd go for a brand new genuine denso alternator which is the company who manufactures them for Honda. Denso DAN984 is the one you need. I replaced mine with this alternator still going strong.

Thanks Tanna. To be honest, the alternator that I changed it with is already a genuine Honda oem one (cost me a fortune as the time) my thinking was it would put the issue to bed forever. Everything was updated at the same time. It still failed anyways. lol

Although it did have a long run, I ***ume the recon ones wont last as long.

The Denso DAN984 does have conflicting information - it doesnt exists and I think the unit is a DAN985 - I ***ume it may have superseeded that 984 part number.

Cheers will look into it.

To be honest, even if a recon alternator lasted a couple years It will probably suffice, as the Accords time on the road is limited I guess :(

Cheers Saj, Seems amazon has a long wait time for it.

accord_n22 said:
Thanks Tanna. To be honest, the alternator that I changed it with is already a genuine Honda oem one (cost me a fortune as the time) my thinking was it would put the issue to bed forever. Everything was updated at the same time. It still failed anyways. lol

Although it did have a long run, I ***ume the recon ones wont last as long.

The Denso DAN984 does have conflicting information - it doesnt exists and I think the unit is a DAN985 - I ***ume it may have superseeded that 984 part number.

Cheers will look into it.

To be honest, even if a recon alternator lasted a couple years It will probably suffice, as the Accords time on the road is limited I guess :(

Cheers Saj, Seems amazon has a long wait time for it.
Thats correct the alternator has now been superseded to DAN985 so could may have been a issue with the old ones.

Hi, bit late, I purchased a recon from that first link from eBay, £85 all in and returned my old unit which was all paid for by the seller. I could have got a Denso one for around £200. Fitted it the other week and all seems great, they come with 12 months guarantee as long as your old one goes back. If fitting it yourself make sure you have a proper tool for the pulley.