What's new

GPS Antena on a 2003 7th gen Accord

rob_86

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone knows if the antenna changes from the 2003 model to the facelifted model? I think I remember reading somewhere that the cd changes from v2 to v3?! Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated as I am looking to see if there are any available at a salvage yard as Honda dealer have quoted £180 for just the antena.
Cheers,
Rob

the cd changes yes as the facelift supports voice recognition.... not too sure on the antenna, the whole sat nav unit is different on the facelift

The antenna is the same...for what it's worth you can probably use any antenna and connect it up.

Ahh ok, does anyone know where the arial is... and of any good places to get spare parts?

To get you could try a scrap yard, Ebay etc. To get to the aerial remove the centre upper cover then...

1zm16aw.png

Might be worth just checking the connections first.

To get you could try a scrap yard, Ebay etc. To get to the aerial remove the centre upper cover then...

1zm16aw.png

Might be worth just checking the connections first.

Ahh yes, I would like to try the connections first. Thanks for forwarding the diagram mate, although I am a little confused - is that in the front of the car? Is it the panel next to the rear view mirror on the front windscreen?

Cheers,
Rob

Yes that's right. Removing the centre upper cover is easy. Using something like a wallpaper scraper, taped along its metal edge for protecting the trim, insert it in one vertical edge above the Sat Nav and then you can easily lever out the middle section where the aerial is located. It comes away with very little force, just take it slow and no damage will be done. Lift the front edge from the clips and pull it forward.

I'll be putting a DIY of how to remove the upper panel soon so will update later :lol:

Hi Guys, thanks for the fantastic help. I gave it a go and I managed to get it open. I found out something interesting - a wire from what I believe is the arial is not connected to anything. I've got all excited thinking this is the only problem and all I need to do is plug it into something - but surely it can't be that easy - especially as the car does currently seem to know when I am changing direction. Does anyone know where do I need to plug the cable below into?

Just an update - we ended up fixing this today B) I'm really really happy and impressed with the help and tutorials that are available on here, thank you so much to everyone for the effort.

It turns out the wire that was from the aerial but not connected to anything needs to be connected to the back of the DVD unit. Thanks to a tutorial by Alnug I had the confidence to take the car apart and just have a look and see what was what.

The next step is to get xcarlink I think.

Thanks again for everyone's help.
Cheers,
Rob