What's new

H&R Mono tube coilovers.

bagpuss

Members
Reaction score
Car
2006 2.2 cdi estate
Have after much stress ordered these coilovers :

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=261827

Cound not source A-spec kit or Eibach springs anyware, ordered from Germany then lots of companies then didnt have them, even these are hard to find in stock now.

Could get Koni Sport, but after hours of reading worked out these are very high-quality TUV approved company coilovers.

Cost more than i was going to spend (about £550 orginally ) but if you are going to get something, i would rather buy quality once .

But the thing that few seemed to notice (including me) is that you cannot get adjustable rears for tourer as seperate spring/damper!

Pretty obvious when you think about it :blink: , and compare saloon to tourers part diagram, but at least you can adjust front no problems.

Cannot wait to put them on , and will post pictures as they are not the same as the above link shows.

Just hope they dont rattle me teeth out :eek:

Good find! I recently fitted my Tein's to my 2.4 petrol, and they are awesome! :)

Hope you enjoy these as much as I enjoy mine! If you are planning on fitting these yourself, and need any advice, please feel free to drop me a pm.

that's the problem with the tourer that there's not so many modification parts as for saloon, when I wanted to lower mine I couldn't find Eibach as they were discontinued, BC didn't have a kit for tourer in this time so I end up with KW springs, but didn't see this HR before, looking forward for the pictures aftre you put this on :)

Well eventually fitted coilovers , bit of a mare as all bolt bushes were seized - think it was because car came from Wales , and salt air has just made all exposed bolts really hard.

Lowered back by around 50mm at least , front nearly wiped out wings it was so low!

But have just driven round block after winding it up a bit at front.

Just too low - hitting speed humps at 5mph, and scraping bottom at moment.

Think i will have to wind it up a lot more to increase front height.

Have took lots of photos, but need to open photoBucket account as havent got one .

Also have to remove rear shock as is rattling in body , and dont know why , cannot be bothered now as cream crackered!

Hey James, how did you determine ride height was equal?

Did you measure from wheel to wing?

Just don't think that's accurate, as you are ***uming bodywork is 100%? :unsure:

Would it not be better to measure height from floor to front subframe?

Also what height are you running to be practical?

Although i have 18inch wheels so wing measurement will be totally different i guess, if your wheels are 17.

Any advise would be great. :)