What's new

h&r ultra lows

form what I read and heard ,HR are the hardest springs from all the common fitted ie, eibach, KW etc.they soudn't be fitted without shorter dampers, but also it's one of the best brands ;)

Oh eye see i have found a 50mm h&r set but it list for 2.4 but on alot of site the spring application is for 2.4 and 2.2 can anyone shead some light if they are the same.
Thanks in advance

springs for 2.2 and 2.4 are the same as engine weight is similar difference is between 2.0 as this engine is much lighter so springs from 2.0 fitted to 2.2 or 2.4 will give you more drop, and they will not work as they should ;)

yea -50mm on this car. I have a 2.4...

I'm really struggling to decide what suspension..

the cost is about a 50 quid difference ..

bc coilovers
h&r with koni
eibach with billys

I don't want to ruin my ride comfort but don't mind it a bit stiffer. thinking the coilovers are the best idea but I can tell you guys that suspension on this car is expensive! think I may ring gaz and see how much custom suspension is...

aye - i think the coilovers are the way to go - because if they are too stiff i can adjust them or even replace the springs for cheap enough.

do we get a club discount at DC performance?

i posted with my phone didnt realise it auto corrected me! i ordered the BC coilovers not a friggin cooler lol..

Anyway, theres simply no point in lowering springs and shocks when you can buy coilovers at the same price - if the ride is hard and i cant dail it out on the shock then you can get a whole set of new springs for not much.

DC performance emailed me and said that they should be arriving today. Ill take some pics and post them up later. Ill see if i get time to fit them this weekend.

got my coilovers fitted today and they are awesome. they are better than the custom made GAZ coilovers on my bmw.

car doesnt crash or bang over bumps and even on the comfort setting its just endless grip and sharp handling.

glad I went with these now.

Glad ur pleased;) How's the new stance, and will you get a rear camber kit to straighten the wheels & reduce tyre wear??

these guys

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m14b0s2196p9149/TEIN_DRIVING_MASTER_SUPER_STREET_DAMPER_KIT-COILOVER_KIT_-_Driving_Master_Super_Street_Coilover_Kit_-_ACCORD_2003_on_Honda_ACCORD_CL7_CL9_2003_onwards

hid correction bracket came with it along with top mounts.

tein coilovers are the same as these in spec. I had a set of tein on my rx7 but that cost more than these bc did.

I have a two finger gap between my pentas and the arch. I can go much lower if I want.

camber adjusters ordered...

Any chance of some pics???

Any chance of some pics???

before

Hondaside.jpg

IMG-20120914-WA0001.jpg

after

IMG-20120917-WA0000.jpg

20120915_193258.jpg

This is like "just fitted" no adjustment has been done - the coilovers came set at this ride height (pic below) and are about 50% wound down - i'd bet theres another 3-4" of thread left. the beauty of these coils is that you dont lose spring tension as they are on seperate collars to the shock body.

20120914_231049.jpg

Thats a nice drop, came out real nice;)

aye was suprised at how well it sat. when we put it on the ground to see what was what i was shocked at how nice a drop it was straight from the box and onto the car - always a bonus when you dont have to play with the settings for ages!

ive ordered my rear camber adjusters - i have noticed there is a lot more negative camber. best get it sorted before it wrecks my tyres.