What's new

Headlamp trouble?

Tricky1966

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Diesel '07.
Hello,this is the first time I've posted anything on your tremendously helpful site,I've just noticed a crack/occlusion/flaw in the glass lens on the main nearside headlight beam (57 plate facelift diesel),was wondering if this is a common fault and could it be an MOT failing point??? All answers/thoughts appreciated...

Welcome along mate are you sure a stone haven't hit the lens.
As for an MOT I'm not 100% but normaly if you can see light coming from the crack its normaly a fail.
But this might be just for coloured lenses

Hi Brett,the flaw is in the glass reflector in front of the bulb,but behind the plastic outer cover that meets the bonnet,so definitely not a stone chip,could it have been a bulb heat issue as I have just fitted nightbreaker plus bulbs about 7 weeks ago,didn't think they operated at hotter temperature than normal bulbs though!!!....

Mine had this throughout my ownership and never failed an MOT or effected the light output. Mine a had a vertical crack the entire length of the projector on the driver side.

Dont let it bother you.

Richard, you have a 7th gen and this question should really be in that section mate.

You will inevitably get more replies if you keep within the relevant sections.

Sorry gents,I'm such a noob!!!!!
PS - when you reply to a previous answer, add your comment below the quote so it all goes in the same post (like I've done here).

Or use the 'fast reply' box at the bottom of the page to post a stand-alone reply.

We were all noobs once! Welcome to TA