firstsx

Members
Reaction score
Car
TSX
Hello all!

I am wondering about the headlights over in the UK
im ***uming they are RHD configured.

but does anyone know how they compare to JDM ***embly?

Are they available online, junkyards or even through honda dealers?

thanks!

Well, Japan drive on the correct side of the road, so I ***ume they are configured thusly. I can't see why they would have a different light spread to us.

Are you after JDM or UK build?

They are the same as we get over here. Set up for driving on the left hand side of the road. If you are looking to convert your TSX to JDM style lights you can remove the projector lenses from your USDM headlights and put them in the JDM or UKDM headlights and convert them for left hand side driving.

And yes they are available from dealers but not cheap. £300 each.

There is usually a few Accords being broken on Ebay UK where you could source some from. Getting them delivered to the US could be a problem though.

This light is from Slovenia and as far as i know they drive on the wrong side of the road as well so it would be a straight swap for you. I would contact the seller and see if he has a pair. He posts worldwide as well.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-ACCORD-2003-2008-HEADLIGHT-FRONT-LEFT-/180659516630?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a102574d6#ht_500wt_1156

you can have buy decent copies (apparantely) on ebay usa too.

i would ideally like to find headlights that were meant for those who drive on the RIGHT side aka wrong side? lol like here in the US, so i'm guessing places like germany, sweden etc. not the UK.

So i'm wondering if lights meant for RIGHT sided/left hand drive in EDM will look the same as JDM lights- meaning, have the clear/blue reflector and not the amber reflector like in the US.
-the ones with the link posted above are for 03-05, im after the 06-08.

Yes i'm aware you can swap out the projectors, but the hard part is sourcing the units from Japan, importers in the US are selling them for about $1000 USD. up from about 500-600 a couple of years ago.
So if its easier to source them from Europe and they are already meant for driving on the same side of the road as US- no swapping projectors is needed.

EBay head lights have been tested by HeelToe but i don't want to sacrifice the superior quality of TSX/Accord projectors- they are some of the industry bests. I don't think for a functional part, sacrificing quality/reliability for looks is justifiable.

I would love the part # for 06-08. and yes LHD would mean no projector swapping!
now i just have to find a way to source them, any ideas?!

Would you like part numbers for a LHD German car they are identical to the JDM ones in every way. the question is which version of headlights do you want ?

the 2003 -2005 or 2006-2008 years. the latter are superb!

thank you very much Pepster, you guys are great over here! thanks for the quick responses and helpful info!

i have been checking german ebay, google translate is not that great tho!

how do i get in touch with HH?

thanks again!

thanks, i sent them an email... lets see what they come back with!

i really wish i could just bring a Euro R to USA lol

now do you know the difference between Accord 2.4 Executive with part # 33151 SEA E53
and the one you referrenced me for the Accord 2.0 Sport 33151-SEA-G63

i see, but i can just use the HID bulbs and ballast that i already have, correct?!
or would i have to do a projector swap... i found some on ebay, the seller claims they are xenon, but i had my doubts.

yes, it will probably be better to just swap my projectors into them!
thanks for the info and the email, much appreciated!

the part # i ref. is for H1/H1 halogen projectors, but it looks the exact same - with the blue reflector and everything?

does anyone know what kind of cutoff the H1 projectors have?
is it a sloped cut off or step?

Pepster- so you have Halogen H1 projectors originally and you just bought a kit with H1 xenon HID bulb and ballast?
it looks/works fine? is the cut off clean or scattered?
if you have any pics, that would be great!

thanks again!

I have fitted a HID kit to my halogen lights and the cut off is very clean. as far as I know the only difference is the bulbs inside the lights and possibly a self leveling motor. it would be the same projector unit in the xenon equipped lights and halogen units.

I have fitted a HID kit to my halogen lights and the cut off is very clean. as far as I know the only difference is the bulbs inside the lights and possibly a self leveling motor. it would be the same projector unit in the xenon equipped lights and halogen units.

Interesting, so you bought an aftermarket kit with H1 bulbs? where did you mount the ballasts?

I don't think the projectors are the same, as halogen is H1 and xenon is D2S.
Also halogen projectors will have a different focal length, since halogen bulbs are shorter than xenon bulbs.

>>Does anyone know if the lenses of the projectors are the same or different- are they interchangeable?

can anyone take pics of the 33151 SEA E53 H1 halogen version?
back side, bottom side

thanks!

im still searching for right side headlamp unit, if anyone knows where i can get one, in good condition, please do let me know!
thanks again

facelift version - looking for either H1 halogen or H1/D2S xenon version, it doesn't matter... just looking for as close to possible new quality.