What's new

Heated rear window

flinty1975

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4 tourer executive
Hi everyone, ive noticed over the last few days that my HRW has stopped working, ive checked the fuse that hasnt blown but there appears to be no 'power' getting to the rear window or the 2 side windows on my tourer, the boot hasnt been opened at so i couldnt of damaged any of the wires etc, is there a simple fix for this or do i need to visit a auto electrician? any help would be very much appreciated.

side windows are your radio antenna bud.

:lol:

no worries...

have you got power to the rear window?

I think he means wing mirrors....

Dave it could be a faulty switch or the cable coming from switch to the window.also check the window itself and make shure the electric elements haven't been scratched

Brett, ive checked the rear window, nothing seems out of place, ive had other cars where certain elements have 'gone' where you can tell, but the light comes on in the console itself too. is it easy to remove the switch to check without dismantling the whole centre console?

could it be a dodgy ground wire? otherwise you would be blowing fuses?

Could be a faulty relay contact.
When you say the wing mirrors are fine, do you mean they open ok and heat up, or just open?

mirrors work fine,heat up no worries etc, the fuse is fine, its a big blue one(sorry dont know type!)not like those little ones, if it is a relay is that located in the fuse box and would anything else of gone too?