What's new

Heating on 2005 honda accord

Ger2279

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
My Accord is blowing cool air out the driver side vents and hit air out the passenger side vents when I try to warm the car up. Can someone tell me a possible fix to this problem.

The cabin heating systems are different for the Petrol and Diesel vehicles, this thread goes into some detail.

There is also a self help system on the car by pressing some of the instrument buttons in sequence, turning the LCD display into a disgnostics check for the heating/air con

The cabin heating systems are different for the Petrol and Diesel vehicles, this thread goes into some detail.

Mine is a 2005 2.2ctdi exec.

There is also a self help system on the car by pressing some of the instrument buttons in sequence, turning the LCD display into a disgnostics check for the heating/air con
What do I do to get this to diagnose?

This 'might' be the sequence, but it's been a long time.

Make sure the following first.

Ignition on (do not start engine)
Aircon 'ON'
Fan(s) OFF
A/C set to cold

Switch ignition on (again no start engine)

Press and hold the recirculation button and at the same time press the rear demister five times.

When the air starts moving around the cabin the recirculation light should flash a number of times if there is a fault, or not at all to show everything is running well.
Number of flashes determines the fault present.

I'm not sure if multiple faults show up sequentally, or you have to fix one before getting another fault flash.