What's new

Heating

skjenkins

Members
Reaction score
Car
2007 2.2 iCDTI Sport
Hi people,

This is my first post, but to start i'd like to thank everyone for their advise, talking of which Fahad should be on his way now to remap my car :)

Has anyone had any experience of the heating taking a long time starting up? this happened when i bought the car but a mechanic looked at it and seemed to have sorted it, but i think it has started up again, any ideas?

Thanks for your help :rolleyes:

In general, as I expect you know, diesels take a lot longer to warm up than petrol. It's because they are more efficient. Having said that my Civic (now gone) and my Accord both took/take between 3 and 5 miles to reach running temperature depending on the ambient conditions. The Accord is supposed to be quicker since the warm up is ***isted by automatically running the air conditioning unit but I don't know how this works. And this only happens at 4 deg and below according to the handbook.

Hope this helps.

Mine takes on average 10 min from cold to warm up to temp.

I've wondered about how the 'hot gas' auxilary heater works myself. My cars heater gets only mildly warm after a 5 mile drive to work. I have searched for info on how it works but drawn a blank. How can the aircon system provide heat?

I've wondered about how the 'hot gas' auxilary heater works myself. My cars heater gets only mildly warm after a 5 mile drive to work. I have searched for info on how it works but drawn a blank. How can the aircon system provide heat?

Acts similar to an air source pump

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air-source_heat_pump#How_air_source_heat_pumps_work

from what I can tell, it is only used to heat the cabin up- not the car. It's not brilliant, but every little helps when it's -5 on a Monday morning!

J

Looks like i'm not going mad, and it just takes that long to heat up, it usually takes about 5-10mins to heat up and then it's perfect, i was just wondering if this was an issue (i'm probably nitpicking)

Thanks for your help guys

Looks like i'm not going mad, and it just takes that long to heat up, it usually takes about 5-10mins to heat up and then it's perfect, i was just wondering if this was an issue (i'm probably nitpicking)

Thanks for your help guys

Mine takes similar time to heat up and its perfectly normal mate. Petrol Engines heat up alot quicker

Time sounds about right. Pretty obvious but if its near zero it'll take longer. Incidentally, my scangauge shows the normal temperature as 79deg. During the sub-zero temperatures this winter it would a good 30 mins before the car was up to 79deg. I think theres 4 litres of coolant in the accord to be heated, don't know how this compares to other engines?