Help if required ?

quantum-avs

Members
Reaction score
Car
Type s 2.4 2004
Hi guys

i am a newbie and i dont want to tread on any one toes but

I Have been a car audio installer for 24 years and have my own bussiness and looking buy the posts on her quite a few of you ahve used x-carlinl and xtorns etc
i deal with these people on a regual basis and i am very good terms with them and know have bean to their warehouse distrubiton centers to pick stcok etc
so if you need a hand with any thing please ask .
i am aming to insatll a really good s-q system in my type s ( as a demo car )
i have seen double din installs down buy the gaer stick but replacing the factroy head unit ?
i presume their must be a reason for this ? but iam going to try

thanks ian

You're not far from me down in Portsmouth, I might have to call on your services one day. Got to actually get a car first!!

Hi guys

i am a newbie and i dont want to tread on any one toes but

I Have been a car audio installer for 24 years and have my own bussiness and looking buy the posts on her quite a few of you ahve used x-carlinl and xtorns etc
i deal with these people on a regual basis and i am very good terms with them and know have bean to their warehouse distrubiton centers to pick stcok etc
so if you need a hand with any thing please ask .
i am aming to insatll a really good s-q system in my type s ( as a demo car )
i have seen double din installs down buy the gaer stick but replacing the factroy head unit ?
i presume their must be a reason for this ? but iam going to try

thanks ian

hey ian. thanks for offering your skills in the audio department buddy,im sure it will be of great help bud :) .as you have noticed there have been a few(inc myself)doing the double din install on the 7gen accord down by the gear stick,as this is the only suitable place we can :( the oem stereo in the accord is very hard to replace and there is a unit floating around on the aftermarket which replaces the oem stereo but as fahad found out its not compatable with the diesel models :( but as moh has found out is great for the petrol lads (they get to have all the fun lol)so we kinda limited on that part bud, but im sure your not stepping on anyones toes and it will be great to see your work...

Well

I had my o/e head unit in bits today as the cd was jammed ( my car has the o/e optional 6 disc down the bottom ) but i wanted to fix it any way
Found fault 2pence jammed the mec on the cd , remove and repaired the loading mec taht was bent as well now all ok !!!!!!

So i though i would have a look at fitting a double din unit at the top , and i could sort the electics out for the heater controls but you would
not fit a double din unit in there ! ( as you well know ) .

so i am wondering what to do , i am not sure if i want ot put a double din unit down the bottom , and puting a single din unit up the top would look nice

the reason i dont want a double din unit down the bottom is quailty , as i want to build my sq type audio system , most if not all double din units are up
to this quailty http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/25/121/61/DEX-P99RS/index.html
so question is what to do ?
i am in deep thought with my self at the moment
fitting a unit down the bottom no dramers , and we can use the o/e stering contorls ,
i would love to get the ipod names on the o/e stero with the quailty of the pionner for example
i was thinkg of relocation the o/e lcd dispaly down the bottom some how then putting the pioneer up top !!!

i might go down this route ,
http://www.alpine-electronics.co.uk/products/product-singleview/processors/pxa-h800.html
or
http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/products/car/functions/ipod/KOS-V1000/
or
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_cleansweep_pages.php?page_id=79

not sure yet i am not worried about watching films in the front ..

need to make my mind up also need to get all the double din units and see if the specs are as good as the pionner ref unit which i doubght they are !