What's new

Help on xcarlink installation

hondavroom

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Happy New Year to everyone on the forum.

I am new to the forum and this is going to be my first post.

I have ordered a xcarlink Audio interface kit today for my 05 make Accord. I will try my hands installing on my car stereo this weekend. Thank you all for posting the installation procedure available for the Accord model with satnav. However mine is a non satnav model with the 6 cd changer premium sound system. Could you guide me through the entire installation procedure if it is any different from the available procedure discussed above?

Thank you again for reading my post.

Once I am done with the installation my next DIY project will be addition of a subwoofer. Any comments welcome.

The search button is your friend!

Example thread

I did mine with the non-Nav 6 CD changer in under an hour. Remove trim(s). Plug into vacant socket. Done

Matt,

Thank you.

My car does not have the DVD Player. I presume the removal procedure is still the same.

Just a quick question about disconnecting the battery connection. Do I require a code to reset the stereo after the installation. I read it somewhere on the forum that you are required to provide the code from Honda for the stereo to be reset after the battery power is re connected.

Matt,

Thank you for posting the photos of your installation earlier.I have the same model as yours. I have some more questions for you after reading your installation guide.
Did you remove the trim across the heater switch and the gear knob?
How did you tie on the xcarlink above the cubby so that it holds on tight without falling over?
I would like to retain all the connectivity interfaces available on xcarlink and provide connections in the cubby just like you did. Does that involve running more wires on the back of the cubby?

I don't have satnav too, and I think I didn't had to remove the whole unit itself. Did it all from below.

I didn't touch the top air vents as I've not got the sat nav model, nor did I remove the battery.

The XCARLINK plug can be fitted in the head unit without removing (or drawing forward) the stereo. A small mirror may help you see where you're going.

From memory (it was a while ago!) start with by pulling out the ashtray insert to reveal two screws (remove).
Next lift the bit the gear stick gator pokes through. If you use a screwdriver to prise, wrap a duster round the tip to prevent damage to the panels. I found a 6" steel ruler was best.
Remove the 2 screws that were hidden by the gear stick trim panel.
The vertical panel under the air con controls was most difficult, but eventually the clips gave way. The metal carrier behind the trim is the same as the nav -it just has the cubby fitted instead of a DVD drive.
I didn't remove the gear knob, gator nor the seat heater electrics -there was room with them still attached.

I used a single cable tie to to hold the unit above the cubby (I drilled two 3mm holes in the cubby and threaded the cable tie through). I only use the USB connection. If you need access to the other connectors I suggest you hide it elsewhere. There's plenty of cable on the unit. I think the glove box is a popular choice. You might get it in the arm rest cubby too.

It's not that hard, once you get started. Give it a go and see how you get on. Maybe take a load of pictures and do a non-nav DIY guide?

How To:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yP3YGCtQ_I

Great vid... do think this dude has had a few too many espresso's though? :lol:

I think the Sat Nav cars are actually easier!?

Have a little pointage.