What's new

HFT not responding ?

pinch

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer i-DTEC-09
I am trying to get my HFT to work but have no idea what I am doing wrong ?
Have HFT with 2 buttons on the wheel but no navigation.
The owners manual states to press & release the call button and wait for the beep, then say "phone set-up".
Problem is I never gets any beep, have tried speaking anyway but dont get any response, have tried to hold the button and speak, no response.....
I dont even know what kind of response to expect ?
How do you pair it with a phone exactly and what is the response(voice or text response ?)
Should the engine be on or just ignition on ? Stereo on or off ?

Tia Evert

Press the button and release, say the command, then adjust the volume knob - she's probably turned right down cos she can be an annoying cow after a while! :D It does sometimes take a few good seconds for her to reply as well, like she's thinking about it.

I am trying to get my HFT to work but have no idea what I am doing wrong ?
Have HFT with 2 buttons on the wheel but no navigation.
The owners manual states to press & release the call button and wait for the beep, then say "phone set-up".
Problem is I never gets any beep, have tried speaking anyway but dont get any response, have tried to hold the button and speak, no response.....
I dont even know what kind of response to expect ?
How do you pair it with a phone exactly and what is the response(voice or text response ?)
Should the engine be on or just ignition on ? Stereo on or off ?

Tia Evert

Hi

You didnt say whether you had your ignition on at the time when you perform this function? As silly as it sounds, you need the ignition on for the HFT feature to work. If it still doesnt work, your HFT could well be goosed.