What's new

HFT Problem... maybe

travelbug

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer 2.2 CDTI EX
Hi, I am new to this forum lark and new to this owning a Honda lark. Took delivery this morning of a beautiful car, a Tourer 2.2 CDTI EX. I am really pleased with it but the dealer I bought it from has yet to send me replacement SAT NAV disc as the one that came with the car went missing.

He tells me the HFT will not work without the SAT NAV disc, is he telling the truth, he did not sound very certain!?

What happens is I press the talk button and the system tells me it is locked and to enter the passcode, so I press the talk button and say the passcode and there is no response, nothing else happens. Does this sound right to you guys?

Thank you in advance if you can help and really glad to be joining an active group of owners. The Volvo owners are not up to much online, too old!

Never heard of this one bud. Would be surprises if you needed the disc for HFT though.

It has both sat nav and HFT, to be honest been driving it all day and will be most of tomorrow so not had a proper fiddle with it yet

Nah, I suspect your dealer will insert your code...sorry new disc whilst you're getting the complimentary coffee and hey presto :lol:

God I'm synical!

Is 3.23 the latest facelift version?

Unless it changes the routing algorithm I wouldn't bother, bit if OP is getting a free one it is worth him knowing.

I am getting a free one, I just had a fiddle with the HFT and it seems to be working fine now. I think I was doing it wrong in my excitement when I first got the car.

So a new disc is coming out in April? Is it worth buying the new ones every time?

Certainly not mate, but if a new one is owed then hold fire.

So if I get the one free that should be ok even if its last years version? I never update my TomTom you see and that always seems to get me where I need to go.

:rolleyes: if they are giving you one for free make sure it's the latest. Don't pay 150 nicker for it.

Depends what the new one is.... CJ? Little help on thIs?

Ok well I will see what version arrives. Thanks lads you have been great. Just one more thing, how often do you recommend I check the oil level? I heard you should check it after every 600 miles, this can't be right?

Weekly.

T^hey don't call us oil burners for nothing.

Some of us don't get through any - my last 8K saw the level remain exactly where i left it.

Some seem to get through a litre quite easily - and that is the difference between the high and low level marks of our stick.

0-30 decent stuff as well. None of this 5-40 or 0-40 malarkey!

OK I will keep an eye on that and hope I don't get a burner, I am a very lazy motorist so it could be trouble!

Latest version released last year was 3.40 or 3.41. There seems to be some confusion about the version number as I have seen both advertised for sale. The first number after the decimal point seems to increase with year. So this years version should be 3.5x if the numbering system is consistent. I got 3.01 with my car and it is 06 model.

Hi There

Will a version 3.01 original Honda sat nav disc work on a pre face lift 2005 (05 Plate). ive just purchased one on ebay and now im not sure if it will work when it arrives.

cheers

Ginger

Don't think so bud...I don't think they are backwards compatible.

Hi There

Will a version 3.01 original Honda sat nav disc work on a pre face lift 2005 (05 Plate). ive just purchased one on ebay and now im not sure if it will work when it arrives.

cheers

Ginger

Dan is correct John the pre facelift disk begins with a 2 and facelift 3.
They are 2 different units also the facelift is voice activated for your reassurance.