What's new

HID headlights

Doc

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 i-ctdi EX 2008
Simple question.

On a facelift are HID headlights standard equipment or an optional extra?

Matt

I don't think there either i think its just a mod but i may be wrong on the 8th gen some models like the type s they are OEM

Simple question.

On a facelift are HID headlights standard equipment or an optional extra?

Matt
optional extra as they are mentioned in the owners manual.

sorry just realised you said facelift...I meant on pre-facelift

optional extra as they are mentioned in the owners manual.

sorry just realised you said facelift...I meant on pre-facelift
You might be right Mikko but to be honest iv nether seen a 7th gen facelift with them other than after market ones.So if there available if i brought a new car i would defiantly have them which makes me think are they available as an option.

Cheers

I know it's a mod on the per facelift as i've seen the DIY's, but hadn't seen any mention of it being a mod on the facelift. So I though it might have been standard on mine as i have them fitted. l also have a little grey box screwed to the plastic trims on the inside of the wings which I didn't know what it was for. After seeing a pic of a HID kit they looked like ballast boxes. So went hunting today and saw that mine has been modded to HID. I then went looking at diagrams on Lings honda website which shows the ballast screwed to the bottom of the light unit and a HID bulb, which looked standard. So it seemed strange to have modified ones in there if they came as standard.

Unfortunately, the previous owner has butchered the back cover to the light unit to fit them. The hole he made is too big even for the rubber grommet. Which don't surprise me after seeing the skill which was used to wire in the after market parking sensors. So looks like i'll have to take it all out and do the job properly.

The units which have been fitted are Canbus Pro units. Are these any good or should I put a better make in when I tidy up the mess so it looks standard?

Cheers
Matt

It doesn't matter about Canbus on our cars - HIDs were only standard on the top end 2.4'sIIRC

Yeah, i've hear the term Canbus mentioned around before and didn't think it applied to our cars.

The only name i could see on the units were the 'Canbus Pro' which is why I mentioned it, and searching on the web it seems that is the make of them. It states that make is suitable for Canbus cars. So obviously overkill for our cars.

If they are an upgrade for the 2.4's I'm temped to try and get my hands on some, replace the back covers, and get rid of the aftermarket butchered look my lights are currently sporting. Now I know it's there it's going to bug the hell out of me!! :(

Cheers for the info, i'm still not up to speed on the spec's of models yet as i'm still fairly new to honda's, so bear with me while i get the simple questions out the way.

Matt