What's new

HID Install - Canbus Kit Required or Not ?

1050rat

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord iCTDI
Hi again,

I am planning to do a HID install shortly but want to know if the HID kit needs to be "Canbus" wiring specific or not ?

I have an 06 "facelift" model accord saloon which appears to need this type of kit but am looking for some ehem reassurance....

Cheers

No, our cars aren't CANBUS.

Thanks guys.

I finally got round to ordering a kit which arrived today. Unfortunately the lamps are 8000K and I ordered 6000K so whilst awaiting the replacement bulbs decided to do some preparatory work and have run into some problems so...help !!

I have drilled a 25mm hole in the passenger side headlamp cover OK but have found it impossible to remove the driver's side cover due to obstructions fouling it's removal. Is it just me and my XL size hands (now cut to ribbons) or does the bumper need to come off to do this properly as I cannot see any way past the washer bottle / brake sensor.

I have attached a pic to let you see what I am talking about >> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/driverside.jpg/[/img]

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

1050rat

You'll need to drop the bumper. Fairly easy and makes the job 10 times easier. Never tried any other way.

You'll need to drop the bumper. Fairly easy and makes the job 10 times easier. Never tried any other way.

Thanks Paul. Makes sense and to get a decent mounting position for the ballasts...ho hum...do you have any idea where I can get supplies of the brittle connectors I've read about (be prepared and all that) ?

Cheers

Fraser