What's new

HID install

ado225

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord type s
Little post on how I installed my HID kit with thanks to everyone who posted howto's and tips and especially thehole which i mostly copied but couldnt be bothered taking the bumper off.

Kit is a 35w H1 6000k bulbs + 2x slim ballast

Before, with normal lights

1.jpg

I didnt remove the lights, bumper or anything else just removed the cap from the back of the lights and the original bulbs.

I decided I was going to install this way round with the caps fitted to the HID before installation.
A 22 wood hole cutter was perfect for the size of my HID Grommets and the connections fitted through ok, I did have to remove the bulbs from there protective cover to do this but put them back on ready for installation.

8.jpg

Grommet not yet pushed through

5.jpg

Note the was play between the front and back of the grommet meaning the plastic headlight cap wasnt thick enough thats why i used some duck tape to secure it even more.

4.jpg

The actual install was simple old bulb out new HID in, pull one wire from the bulb and the other from the connection near the bulb (red and black wires)
Plug the red and black wire from the car to red and black wire on the kit and plastic headlight cap back on.
Another thing to check is that the HID bulbs are secured properly one of the fixings wasnt holding the bulb securely enough so I just bent it with my fingers so it applied more pressure.

the passenger side ballast I secured with cable ties to the bodywork by the air filter box this was a bit fidgety I just pulled 1 cable tie through that was taped to 2 others.
and hid the cables in the gap by the side light.

6.jpg

One headlight done

7.jpg

The drivers side light is easier to get at with the top of the washer bottle moved, just push the washer bottle neck in the direction of the steering wheel and it will click out of the car fixing.
Bolted the ballast to the car using the earthing wire bolt by were the washer bottle neck was.

2.jpg

Ballast installed.

9-1.jpg

Jobs a goodun

3.jpg

hid the wires in the cubby by the sidelight

Nice write up fella and a tidy job as well

Very tidy install dude! Nice one! B)

Very good job..... quick question with the wiring......

As the Accords have H1 bulbs how do you wire up the new HID from the existing loom? The reason i ask is that i recently change my bulbs in my 8th Gen which was a pain in the A*** but when doing the job there was only 1 lead to the bulb and i couldnt see any other cables in there?????

Very good job..... quick question with the wiring......

As the Accords have H1 bulbs how do you wire up the new HID from the existing loom? The reason i ask is that i recently change my bulbs in my 8th Gen which was a pain in the A*** but when doing the job there was only 1 lead to the bulb and i couldnt see any other cables in there?????

the other wire is connected to the headlight chassis just above the bulb entrance, mines not exactly the same as this (only one clip)
ignore the red circles the connection is the blue circled one

headlamps_004.jpg

Cheers matey! I feel HID upgrade on an 8th having to be done! I need to look at how much space again.

nice work mate! it s easy to do HIDs on petrol cars :)