What's new

hid lught problem

jonjon76

Members
Reaction score
Car
2000 accord type r
hi all got a new set of hid bulbs for my atr the bulbs are 10000k and the old ones were 6000k.the problem is when i switch on the lights they come on for a second then go off so i have to switch them on/off 10 times to get them to light and stay on.did not have this problem with the 6000k bulbs. is there a reason for this ??? or just dodgy bulbs??? have already being back to the lad who sold them to cause first set were different colors. thanks for any help

If you canged to new ballasts aswell, it sounds to me faulty ballasts as long as wiring is all ok.

Just noticed you have a ATR so hids standard? if so then it could be faulty bulbs, not sure now lol

It sounds like the igniter's has gone but because there stock i am doubtful.Your best bet is what John said and try the old ones.

have already put old ones back in and no problem there. so must be to do with the power or something trying to start the hid cause once there on a while they are fine

have already put old ones back in and no problem there. so must be to do with the power or something trying to start the hid cause once there on a while they are fine
Perhaps because there stock and you have after market bulbs the igniter s may not be compatible with the bulbs.

^^^That wont be an issue as i have aftermarket HiDs in my ATR. Are you sure the bulbs are home correctly. Sounds silly, but i've changed mine and know JUST HOW HARD they are to do.

If all else fails you'll have to either get some 6K MAX bulbs or replace the Ballasts for the lights, The ballasts are under the headlight so it's a bumper off job. Only takes a min to do though.

HID use loads of power, on start up, so if they struggling to get going it will defo be power source issue. Maybe its the 10000k requires more power on start up.

You could get a relay harness for them, this means power come from the battery rather than through the stanadrd wiring. I did this on mine stopped the flicker issue i had.

Simon- where all you sig and avatars gone?