What's new

HID upgrade

james2512

Members
Reaction score
Car
C220 AMG Sport Plus
Right, after much thought I've decided to upgrade the standard stock lights to hid!

I have ordered:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xenon-HID-Conversion-KIT-H1-H3-H7-H9-H11-HB3-HB4-9006-/330379335700?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cec249814

I've gone for the 6000k bulbs. After reviewing the workshop manual its time to get brave, pop the bumper part way off and take the whole light ***embly out!

Lets hope the weather is good this weekend!

Not worried about the mot, I have a friend of a friend......... if you know what I mean!

Good stuff james don't forget the DIY pics mate as you will be the 1 st to do this.

Good stuff james don't forget the DIY pics mate as you will be the 1 st to do this.

i hope i dont break something........ but with the limited room i see no other way than to pop out the bumper to fit these.

James don't forget to mark the position of the lights as this will save realignment

James don't forget to mark the position of the lights as this will save realignment

Good point..... i will re-check the workshop man to see how Honda do this work.

Right, after much thought I've decided to upgrade the standard stock lights to hid!

I have ordered:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xenon-HID-Conversion-KIT-H1-H3-H7-H9-H11-HB3-HB4-9006-/330379335700?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cec249814

I've gone for the 6000k bulbs. After reviewing the workshop manual its time to get brave, pop the bumper part way off and take the whole light ***embly out!

Lets hope the weather is good this weekend!

Not worried about the mot, I have a friend of a friend......... if you know what I mean!

When I had my new sport bumper put on this week, the amount of space you get once its removed will be great - you'll do it in no time at all.

While I cant say I will copy you James as I have the OEM HID lights, I'm sure your kit will look the dogs danglies :)

Best of luck with it and look forward to your pics mate.

Hey, do you think this video will help with the bumper removal? I know its a accord coupe but the construction looks very very similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRC3nHsfYAU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This does look the same james but I wouldent like to say.
BTW I must get one of those clip remover tools there great.

Yeah I'm going to get one tomorrow.

Well there is only one way to find out.... the lights will be here tomorrow! :)

I'll be honest James, I didnt see the HH guys take the bumper off so have no idea of where all the fixing points are.

But that vid does look interesting.

For an update my mirrors are still working perfectly!

Are 6000k bulbs going to be OK? I couldn't find what the OEM bulbs were?

Dont quote me but I believe my OEM bulbs are 4500K.

Happy to be corrected though.

But I will say that the OEM HIDs are fantastic. :D

James I had 6000k on my 7th gen and there great

Kit has arrived today! :rolleyes:

Although its going to rain all weekend! :(

Pics of the kit, looks very very easy to install. Just got to get to those lights.
IMG01295-20120302-2038.jpg

IMG01296-20120302-2038.jpg

IMG01297-20120302-2041.jpg

James that looks like the same kit I had in my 7th gen.
Did you buy them from London brights off eBay I think

James that looks like the same kit I had in my 7th gen.
Did you buy them from London brights off eBay I think

Yeah, I think it was london colour. Did you have any problems with your kit? Do I need to leave the auto light function off?

I have fitted the New HID system today!!! DIY on the way soon! :rolleyes: