What's new

HIDs

crolandc

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
57 acc-2.2ictdi est
Hi, just got HIDs delivered so too late to fit ( darkness imminent ) any way have had a dummy run taking the off side plastic back plate off and it does not want to come out ! I had already taken the washer bottle top off. Have tried google search as I am aware this will no doubt have been asked before but the link does not seem to work! . It's a facelift and while I'm asking is the nearside easier ? The misses got me them as a present and they have the big ballast on them, will they fit? Will have a go fitting them tomorrow weather permitting, so any info will be very welcome, Cheers.

Cliff it probably has nether been off so it will be very tight.A bit of brute force is required and it turns antey clockwise.
The nearside is easer i did mine without taken the battery out.As for the big ballast there fine you just need to find a good location to fit them.
I used double sided tape and a cable tie to fix away form any hot parts of the engine.

Many thanks Brett mate :) I should have worded it better, I did actually get it off the back of the headlight but could not get it out from the top! not enough room! If I pulled and twisted it any further I may break it,am I missing some thing? Is there some other way to get it out?It is the face lift model if that makes a difference :unsure:

It will come out with a bit of wiggling about but its uber tight.

If you cant just drop the front of the bumper and remove the headlight sounds like alot of work but only takes about half hour at the most extra.

Thanks Andy, will try again and if not I will move bumper.
Hi Cliff,

Jus noticed your post and I have the exact same problem ! Did you manage to get the cover out without removing the bumper ? Like you I am none to keen to force the cover out although I don't think it would break I am more worried about damaging something else (most likely me).

It would be good to know how you got on ?

Cheers

1050rat

Hi Fraser, sorry cannot help you as I have put the job on hold, the weather has been pretty dire and I cannot get car in the garage. Will have a go when and if conditions get better. :)

Hi Fraser, sorry cannot help you as I have put the job on hold, the weather has been pretty dire and I cannot get car in the garage. Will have a go when and if conditions get better. :)

Nae problems, sounds as if the bumper needs to come off and yeah the weather has been poor. Might have a go tomorrow....

Cheers
Fraser