What's new

Hot and Cold

Jimbo07g41

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Well I have bought a very nice 2.2 tourer thats blowing hot and cold. The car was not bought from a dealer so no warranty.

If I have the heater on hot, I get hot out of the passenger side face vent but nothing but cooler air out of the drivers side face vents.

Has anyone had this problem? All the electronics are working so a quick search suggests blender actuators? Do these live behind the dash and is there a diy fix?

Jamie, is the climate control on? if so then check the dual temperature controls one may be lo and one may be hi

Gosh that was a quick reply, yes they are both showing high. If you put both temps to 28 the same thing happens.

Probably the temperature motor ***embly on the drivers side, which controls the airmix.

Think it is a dealer job as I think some of the airbag controls would be nearby.

Here is a link to lings for an idea of the cost of the part (part no.7) although please note this is for the facelift model.

Lings

In all honesty your not that far away from Holdcroft Honda in stoke, the affiliated dealer with the forum. It's worth giving them a ring, mentioning that you are a member and they should be able to either give you an answer to your issue and a price to put it right

Thanks for the reply. Will give holdcroft a call. The part you suggest as being defective does seem to make sense.

The weather hasnt been too bad so I havent done anything about my heater problem.

I found the thread about the air con diagnosis. Sensor six came up as ER. So i guess this is the drivers side blender?