What's new

How long will you keep her ?

teddy

Members
Reaction score
Car
Dtec es gt
This is a great car, my first Honda and for 18 months its being a pleasure to own,i intend to keep it for five years in total but who knows ,if nothing serious
occurs engine or family wise then i can see me keeping it for longer,i have not kept a car for more than four years before but my situation is different now and
i will need to spend money on other things like kids so for me its a long termer.

This is a great car, my first Honda and for 18 months its being a pleasure to own,i intend to keep it for five years in total but who knows ,if nothing serious
occurs engine or family wise then i can see me keeping it for longer,i have not kept a car for more than four years before but my situation is different now and
i will need to spend money on other things like kids so for me its a long termer.

Like you, I intend to keep mine for at least six years. I guess by that time we'll be on the cusp of a facelift 9th Gen Accord or near enough! Never owned a Honda of any kind before until I got this car and I am utterly besotted and impressed with my acquisition and I think I will find it very difficult to be prized away from it anytime soon given the plethora of toys I have on it too. Like most people, changing cars has become that much more difficult due to running costs and buying costs for alternatives so like you, will be holding onto this wonder machine for a good while yet.

Best of all, the sheer rareness of this car on the roads just adds to its exclusivity and I can say with some certainty that this car will "age" well through the coming years :D

Hi Saj ,so we are both Honda first timers then,totally agree with you on the exclusivity this car will age well and is very good value for money pitted against
the competition,i have been complimented on the Accord a few times which is always nice :)

I've usually chopped my previous cars in when they approach their 3rd birthday but I'm seriously considering an extended warranty for the Type-S. I have been taking a look for the past couple of months at alternatives and even got close to buying a late model Audi A6; Only area it has the Accord licked is road noise in the cabin and economy; other than that the Accord is a much better car for your money...

:)

Hi Saj ,so we are both Honda first timers then,totally agree with you on the exclusivity this car will age well and is very good value for money pitted against
the competition,i have been complimented on the Accord a few times which is always nice :)

Its not just the value for money - its the fact that the Accord will see far less garage visits for mechanical issues than its so called premium (and pathetically ill equipped) German counterparts.

this isnt my 1st honda but ill keep this one for about 5ish i reacon because u cant get a nicer Accord ;)

Its not just the value for money - its the fact that the Accord will see far less garage visits for mechanical issues than its so called premium (and pathetically ill equipped) German counterparts.

I can second that. I had a so called premium German car, and went through hell with it.
When the car was ageing all the so called "common faults" came out.
The worst thing was, on the forums everyone knew about these faults, and I had a feeling they all think it's natural.
(Obviously they never had a Honda before.)

Back to the topic, I would like to keep the car for 6-7 years maybe even longer.
And if I ever change it...yes you can guess...it is going to be another Honda.

^

This is precisely why I thumbed my nose at the Germans and did my homework with this 8th Gen Accord.

I was in the USA for several weeks toward the middle/end of last year where they have the same car badged as the Acura TSX. I leased a car there for about 6 weeks, even though it was a petrol, I adored the car. I read every single review ever written on this car and thats why I went for robust Japanese engineering.