What's new

How to activate Bluetooth

PaulPaul

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Pet
Can someone tell me how to activate Bluetooth on my radio if the engine is already on e.g. If I get into the car and my mobile phone is not Bluetooth activated and the car engine is already running, when I activated my Bluetooth on my mobile it is not picked up by the car Hands Free. If I then switch off the engine and switch on again it’s like the car does a scan and then picks it up to display Bluetooth symbol.

In this case you would need to do the scan from your mobile if the car is running so it detects the HFT and then it'll pair with it.

With my BlackBerry, if the car is on, I just turn the bluetooth on on my fone, and it automatically scans and connects to the car - so I guess it also depends on what handset you have too.

Most be a phone setting. As my iPhone gets picked up all the time. Just the other night was on the phone to a mate and the wife drove in the drive after poping to the shop and she ended up picking up the call and once again I'm sitting talking to myself lol

If it is the same as the 7th gen then you just need to press the 'cancel call' button on the steering wheel and keep it pressed for 5 or so seconds. This will reset the cars bluetooth and reconnect to the phone.

I used to have to do this all the time when I had a Nokia phone because the bluetooth link kept dropping and doing this reconnected it again.

Edit: I've just tried it on my 8th gen and it is the same. When you press the button for 5 seconds you will then hear the lady say "The european hands free system is ok". Then press the same button again and it will then reconnect to the phone.

Hope this helps.