What's new

How to Identify Locking Wheel Nut

Baldilocks

Members
Reaction score
Car
Type S Tourer CW3
Hi All,
It seems I've lost my locking wheel nut key. I'm so annoyed with myself as I know how important this little key is and I thought I put it back after its last use in its normal place but I've searched high and low and now I've had to accept that I've lost it.
I know I can order one from Honda by supplying them my key code but it's going to cost around £30 so I wondered if there's a way to identify mine so I can scout around on ebay etc?

Any help as usual is greatly appreciated.

I don't think so, some companies can make a replacement key socket from a mobile phone pic if you don't have the security code but it'll cost you as much if not more than going to Honda. If you have the original nuts and are prepared to wear your alloys unsecured you can always drive off your locknuts with an oversized socket and then find a replacement set lfor a lesser price later.

Tbh if there standard alloys I'd be taking it to a local back street garage and just get them to remove them and replace with normal bolts. Alloy wheels aren't stolen half as much now most come with them as standard

I had my alloys refurbished not so long ago and don't want to risk any collateral damage while trying to take off the bolts without the key, they're 18" and black so any marking would be very evident so it seems like the sensible option is to just get it from the dealers, spoke to closest dealers today, they charge £25 + vat and keep a variety of keys in stock so hopefully will go down this week to pick one up.
Thanks for your replies guys.

When I mislaid the adapter, The local car breakers that I have used for years was able to find a suitable replacement in their box of spares.

When I mislaid the adapter, The local car breakers that I have used for years was able to find a suitable replacement in their box of spares.

Thanks, did think about that but haven't really got the time or inclination to do that.

In the end I ordered one from Johnsons Honda where I've previously bought genuine pads and a honda battery from and they charged a very reasonable £15 for the key and £2.50 for postage. They confirmed they had the correct key in stock after I provided the key code so hopefully I'll have it tomorrow.