What's new

iacv?

tribalscribble

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 i-vtec sport
Had the car in the local garage for 4 days. Theyve checked everything from alternator, flywheel, aircon in search of the cause of a low idle when the car is warmed up. They cant find the cause. But didnt mention the iacv at all.

Im not sure if its the iacv though because at idle with everything electrical off. Then turning on ac etc. The idle rises fine. It just seems to the base idle is too low. Does this make sense to anyone?

The local garage is generally very good and didnt not charge me anything as they couldn't find a fault.

Well the engine has done 110k faultless miles. So even if the iacv needs attention soon its served me well!

Chris I have had an idling related problem, what is your car idling at when its NOT under load?

When its warm and fans/ac/stereo off idles around 600 then if the radiator fans kick in goes down to about 500 and almost stalls. However if I have the ac or the fans on it seems to idle about 750-800 and all seems fine.

I'm actually just wondering if the unusually hot weather is doing it. Given the ecu has been driving about in usual scottish cold weather. Also going to try different petrol. I usually just go to the local supermarket. My brother's bmw idles like ***** on supermarket petrol.