What's new

Induction Kit Questions

flight89

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 Type-S
Hi Guys,

I have a couple of questions about induction kits for a 2004 Type-S.

1. Is there a preferred version of the kit for this car? I used to have a Typhoon in my ATR and an AEM V2 in my S2000, and was just wondering if any particular brand was well liked?

2. Have any owners experienced issues with heatsoak? From what I can see most kits are short-arm and sit in the engine bay rather than down behind the front bumper.

thanks for the ***istance :)

Doug

Hi Doug, i have the K&N Typhoon on my 2.4 I currently have it in short ram set-up i was a bit scared to install the CAI as i live in Scotland and just about every day its wet up here and i do not want to hydro-lock the engine, i havent noticed any loss in power when in short ram setup but then again i didnt notice any extra power either when i fitted it, just a very nice induction roar, i may convert to the full CAI setup in the summer as i think it would improve response slightly from not having the hot engine air sucked in.

Think about water when buying a Cold air intake. The air filter sits in the wheel well.

A short ram with a DIY cold air feed is the best bet.

Short ram will sound louder to.

I've got an aem short ram on my type s. Not much available for the k24 so I just picked it up since it was in stock on the day.

I used to have an aem V2 on my old eg6 vti, and when I took it out to sell I noticed the filter was damp even though it hadn't rained for a day. The inside of the lower pipe was starting to rust as its unpainted inside and showed marks of how high the water was being sucked up, only a few inches. No danger as there was still a few feet up to the throttle body. Either way I've not had a cold air intake since, it rains just too much in Scotland, lol.

If the filter sits about a foot off the road on a cl9 cold air intake you'll be fine as long as you don't drive through any fords, lol. The filter on my vti cold air was barely 4" off the ground as it sat as low as the bumper and I think it just caught splashes from everywhere.