What's new

Injector Retaining bolts i-CTDI

Channel Hopper

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 7 Estate 2005
I think I've got to replace at least two of them, can anyone provide the new/before, after/limit dimensions on them if any exist ?

What does one do when the injector seal mounting has already been cut (by a previous owner) , add a shim or file/grind a turn off the bolt itself ?

I get just on nine turns of solid thread to turn down before it feels tight btw (after cleaning the blind hole of debris), I don't want to snap off something in the existing holes.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
PArt number is
90019-RBD-E01
if it helps.

Additionally during a search last night I also came across this link

The two injectors I have had out previously have not had the neoprene seal on them, how important are they ?

I have no experience on your vehicle but I recently had to remove an injector from my sprinter 311 cdi, as it was leaking past the copper seal.
I used oven cleaner to clean the injector housing and retaining bolt hole, and bought some brush drill bits to use inside them. Also taped a small tube onto the end of the hoover to suck out any debris at the bottom.
Also had to fashion a tool to retrieve the old copper seal from the bottom of the injector housing. No rubber seals on the injector but I would have replaced if there had been.
Also coated the injector with ceramic grease before replacing.
The torque setting for the retaining bolt was 7nm +90deg +90deg, (think the mk7 ictdi is 5nm +90deg) I only did +90deg +45deg, didn't want to risk stripping the thread or snapping the bolt, its been fine since.

Thanks, everything is as clean as I want it. I have the correct size cutter tool here but don't want to use it (too much ) as it could make the cylinder head useless, hence the need to know measurements before I replace. I doubt I will put the o-ring in unless it ***ist in sealing the injector base in place by centering.
I may use something other than the recommended one, since cylinder 1 already has a standard allen bolt in place.

Coxes has the official bolt in stock but it could be a week before it arrives.

Will check with Honda Thames Ditton tomorrow.

My first attemptBefore1.jpgAfter1.jpg, just to get the worst of the damage off

I have a good number of new copper seals here but might anneal one before fitting this time.

Two bolts ordered from Brayleys, arriving Wed/Thur.

I have o-rings here of a similar size, they may also dampen the noise if the seal still passes gas, but I might cut a bit more alloy away before refitting (and anneal the copper ring).

The old bolt is exactly the same size as the new one, to within 1/4mm so I've had to use a washer under the head to lock it down.

The injector seals far better than before, but injector 3 now shows up as blowing slightly.

At least I have spare copper washers and another stretch bolt to tackle it, probably this weekend.

That 1/4mm could just be the stretch from torquing on the old one, shouldn't need any washer adding but if it's worked then sound.

"can anyone provide the new/before, after/limit dimensions on them if any exist ?"

What dimensions were you referring to?

Last edited:
That 1/4mm could just be the stretch from torquing on the old one, shouldn't need any washer adding but if it's worked then sound.

"can anyone provide the new/before, after/limit dimensions on them if any exist ?"

What dimensions were you referring to?

It was the service limit length of the stretch bolt but I suppose being a one time item there wouldn't be one.

How did you get in with this? As my bolt has snapped inside aswell. Thanks

From memory I didn't need to do anything after cutting into the head to remove as much corrosion as I could. The seals I have here may be slightly thicker in diameter than the original.

I can't help with the broken bolt, I was just really careful with undoing after dropping a lot of Coke into the area and leaving it for a day (I would heve tightened first to break any corrosion)