What's new

iPhone / iPod audio control recently deteriorated

let-of-centre

Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer EX-GT
Hi all.

I've had a 09 Tourer EX-GT for about 3 years now and have used an iPhone cable in teh USB port all of that time to provide a music library to the head unit. With both the older 21 pin cable and the newer lightening vable there has never been a problem using either the centre console controls or the steering wheel controls to scroll or select tracks... until about two weeks ago.

All of a sudden the car has difficulty discovering the alhbums or tracks on my iPhone. Even when it does find them; although I can scroll through tracks, the main enter button can no longer select them. The steering wheel 'channel up & down' button will no longer skip tracks and playback no longer automatically starts when I connect the phone (which it always used to do).

Anyone else experienced this? Of course the car and its firmware hasn't changed so I can only imagine that Apple have changed the audio control API in the latest software upgrade. This may also mean that other old iPhone docks and amplifiers has the same problems.

Thanks.