What's new

Just acquired an Accord 2.2i 4ws

mariouk

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord ex 4ws
Hi. My father in law recently passed away and I have his 1990 Accord 4ws 2.2i. It's only done about 75k and hasn't been used for about 3 years - not bad inside but needs some tidying - I took it for an MOT which it unsurprisingly failed with some brake problems - I am debating whether to get it fixed or to sell it for spares, I have no real knowledge about it so I thought I would post here - I can't list it for sale apparently until I have posted so here is a post!

Hello, for starters i have a 4th gen Accord, there is not many about any more sadly.

There is some info and threads in this section about the 4th gen, so take a look at them.

My advice is to get the brakes fixed and get it up and running. But if you do sell it for spares please let me know!

Ive brought 2 4th gen Accords back to life now, it doesnt take a great deal of money, becuase they are a very reliable car.

Anyway give the threads here a good read, particularly the 4th gen vitial info thread.

Anything else im happy to help

Welcome to TA.

Thanks Dan for the welcome, much appreciated. It arrives at my house in a couple of days - in fact I'm told it has less than 60k, usual stuff, aircon, leather etc, automatic. It will be interesting because it's been stood for three years - my in-laws had it since it was 1 year old so about 20 years! I'm getting the MOT failure document so will try to work out what to do then - frankly I will probably sell it because I simply don't have the time, knowledge or need to put it on the road for me.

I still remember my own Accord EX 3-door from 1983, I think Australian model, bought RHD in Saudi and shipped home. That was a nice car . . .

Let me know the outcome of this, if you plan to sell after please private message me after the price.

Also can you get some pictures up?

I'll take some photos when it arrives and post them. Thanks for the interest, and I'll be sure to tell what my wife decides to do with it!

Accord finally arrived - it's atually pretty clean, espeially inside, a ouple of scratches on the outside. I've taken a load of photos but don't know how to load on this site. Happy to send if any of you are interested, it runs OK (the local Honda dealer drove it back on trade plates), my wife says she wants £250 - seems a good deal to me, I'll put it on the for sale pages if I'm allowed to!

Thanks Dan for the welcome, much appreciated. It arrives at my house in a couple of days - in fact I'm told it has less than 60k, usual stuff, aircon, leather etc, automatic. It will be interesting because it's been stood for three years - my in-laws had it since it was 1 year old so about 20 years! I'm getting the MOT failure document so will try to work out what to do then - frankly I will probably sell it because I simply don't have the time, knowledge or need to put it on the road for me.

I still remember my own Accord EX 3-door from 1983, I think Australian model, bought RHD in Saudi and shipped home. That was a nice car . . .

Hi. My father in law recently passed away and I have his 1990 Accord 4ws 2.2i. It's only done about 75k and hasn't been used for about 3 years - not bad inside but needs some tidying - I took it for an MOT which it unsurprisingly failed with some brake problems - I am debating whether to get it fixed or to sell it for spares, I have no real knowledge about it so I thought I would post here - I can't list it for sale apparently until I have posted so here is a post!

hi and welcome, nice to see people are still into the old skool accords, i personally own 5 accords , I have

1987 HONDA ACCORD I GSI in Red (CA)
1989 HONDA aCCORD I GSI in White (CA) last of them made

1993 HONDA aCCORD 2.2I Coupe Honda of America Black (CB7) H22a Conversion
1993 HONDA aCCORD 2.0 EXI Black/GREY JDM 4door Auto (CB3)

1995 HONDA aCCORD 2.2I H22a Rare 4Door Saloon Black/Grey (CD6)

Yes you can call me mad!!
i have verous other cars in my collection

Copy and paste that into the newbie section, then i can admire your car tastes!!!

hi and welcome, nice to see people are still into the old skool accords, i personally own 5 accords , I have

1987 HONDA ACCORD I GSI in Red (CA)
1989 HONDA aCCORD I GSI in White (CA) last of them made

1993 HONDA aCCORD 2.2I Coupe Honda of America Black (CB7) H22a Conversion
1993 HONDA aCCORD 2.0 EXI Black/GREY JDM 4door Auto (CB3)

1995 HONDA aCCORD 2.2I H22a Rare 4Door Saloon Black/Grey (CD6)

Yes you can call me mad!!
i have verous other cars in my collection
Is the white a 'G' registration by any chance with 1 owner and 88,000 miles? I sold one recently and the guy had a red one like yourself too.

how long have you owned it for, would you be selling it,

Won't be selling this one, but i currently have this for sale if you are interested, heres the link

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/7929-my-silver-4th-gen/

Hi, Mariouk if you still have the Honda Accord 4ws and considering selling it please send me a message with your phone number so that I can get intouch with you to see the car..