What's new

Knocking from Rear of Tourer

Reading through the comments and suggestions is very helpful as I have recently become aware of a mystery knocking sound coming from the rear of my 2005 Tourer. At first I thought it was the exhaust knocking, but it appears to be ok. I'll certainly check out the rear anti roll bar bushes and replace.

Had the same issue on my saloon. It didnt seem like it but the D bushes on the ARB solved the issues. And yes, be careful getting the bolts out. I snapped one of mine and had to take it to a garage to remove the remains of the broken one.

Had the Tourer up on ramps and drowned both brackets and bolts with WD40, also had a look on the parts-honda.uk site to check on part numbers. I've bought the genuine Honda bushes - p/n 52315-SED-004, and I'm wondering if it's worth the extra effort to replace the brackets along with the bolts.
After being under the car it looks as if removing the parts could be a bit fiddly.
For those members who have done the work - how easy/difficult is it, and any potential problems to be aware of, especially with the car up on ramps?

Thanks in advance.

If you get hold of the ARB drop links when the car is on the ground and pull them, if they've worn out you'll feel a bit of movement.
It's really easy to shear the heads off the ARB D link bolts. I heated mine first with a Rothenberger plumber's torch and they came out fine then.

As a coda to the knocking sound from my 2005 Tourer - I had the car up on ramps and grubbed around under the car and hurt my left shoulder in the process! I decided to leave it to the garage I use for the MOT, and I'm glad I did. Talking with the mechanic he had a real struggle removing the bolts and had to heat them with a plumber's torch, allow the bolts to cool and then re-heat before finally removing the bolts. I supplied the bushes, brackets and bolts and returning home from the garage - no more knocking noises - result, and my shoulder is getting better!

The knocking noise on my tourer was coming from the rear near side HID headlight adjuster.
It was really stiff to move when it should move freely.

20230623_184708.jpg