What's new

Led Headlights.

smokingman

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer 2008/9
Having just spent a few hours changing yet another set of dipped beam H1 bulbs, as most know this is a right pain. Bumper off seems to be the preferred wisdom!
Has anyone fitted LED H1 bulbs to their Accord Mk8 similar to these in design:

if so how?

I replaced them in my previous accord mk8 and yes removing the bumper makes it easier.
I used these
H1 LED Headlight bulbs, Koyoso 60W 12000 Lumens LED Head Lamps, 6000K Extremely Bright CPS Chips Conversion Kit, Pack 2 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KWMYP8G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_1FDW7WGY455B23DDFH3M

And they were pretty good. Much brighter than the cheap led lights and the halogen h1s. They had hid like whiteness. They lasted a few months before I sold the car.
my newer accord has built in hids.

Yes, I used horizonleds.co.uk for mine. I’ve had them in now for just over 2 years with no issues. They are expensive though compared to Ebay/Amazon alternatives.

@ryan14421
how did you find fitting them? as i would like to know if the rear light cover fits back on OK. any other info as well. Photos would be good but probably to late now.

Hi, it was easier to remove the front number to gain access as I was replacing all the halogens to led including fogs. The covers fitted back on fine.

Good to know, when replacing my headlights I fitted new halogens but only because I was worried about the legislation which was led bulbs where illegal in halogen at the time but I believe this has been changed and updated recently.

The halogen colour definitely spoils the look of the lights so definitely looking to change them which ones did you buy from horizon LEDs?

I went for the Philips Luxeon series not the Cree ones, I can’t link them all exactly because I can’t remember all the figments for each, ie H1 etc…. I noticed they have released a newer version Philips Luxeon ZES version. They do work out very expensive but so far had no issues and they look awesome.

I've watched a guy on YouTube you does it by removing the inner wheel arch , pain in the arse but not as much as dropping the whole front bumper. And he fits h1 leds and them seemed to of fit in ok with cap.

Further install info require please.
How is the wire feed from the control unit to the bulb? as all the plugs are on the rear of the light unit. as i cant seem to find any fitting instructions etc.