What's new

Looking for Parts for 2012 EX DTEC

ELFijka

Members
Reaction score
Car
2012 DTEC EX Accord
Hi Everyone!

I finally got rid of my 2004 Accord as MPG on that had no sense. So I'm just after getting a 2012 DTEC EX and it's AUTOMATIC!!!! :rolleyes: Automatic Diesel was my dream and finally that come truth.

However I could not afford to buy a normal car so I got a crashed one and now I have only few bits missing. So may be someone has something for sale or know where I can get them. Main dealer could be an option for bonnet I think but I still would be trying to get a second hand parts to save some money.

1. Set of Air bags with Dash and front seatbelts. This is the biggest problem at present as it seems no one has them.

2. Front Main Grill and bottom grill

3. FR Wing Liner

4. Bonnet

5. 2 x Fog Lights with grills and fittings

6. 4 x Front Parking Sensors

7. Set of Mats

Once I will get all those parts we will start a new project trying to reduce emission so if anyone know anything about that you are more than welcome with suggestions.

Was going to offer you my front grille, but I see its a 2012 model so its a facelift 8th gen Accord, mines a pre facelift.

Check if your car has ADAS, if so the front grille is different, its a solid badge as there is a radar behind it for the radar active cruise control. ADAS cars also have a camera behind the rear view mirror for the lane keeping ***ist. If it is an ADAS model it will need recalibrating at Honda after your rebuild.

Lot of UK breakers have 8th gen accord parts, google, ebay etc.. Also call Holdcroft Honda as we have club discount with them, they can ship to Dublin.

accord.jpg
This is similar to one I have.

richsprint by looking on your pictures of it looks exactly same as the one I'm looking for... I was trying www.lingshondaparts.com but it doesn't find my car not by reg not by VIN. I didn't know they changed front in 2011...

There is no Line ***ist button on the car so I presume I don't have ADAS, please correct me if I'm wrong...

Its in the For Sale section:

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/14585-8th-gen-front-grille-for-sale/

£85, I can work out a shipping price to Dublin if you want.

Sorry I ***umed as a 2012 it would be a facelift, but if its like the picture its a pre-facelift like mine, must have been a late registration.

Let me know if you're interested.

Yep, if there isnt lane keeping on the dash graphics and no camera behind the rear view mirror, there is no ADAS package.

Lings should work, sure you have typed the chassis number in correctly?

Sorry I'm completely confused now. Was front ever changed since Aug 2008? Or it was always the same? I know Honda launched new shape in August 2008 but my question is was that ever changed?

richsprint you are right the bumpers and foglights looks completely different on 2009 and 2012. So that means I need a bottom grill on bumber and 2 fog lights with grills and fittings, sorry and the front parking sensors as well.

I tried Lings few times and it's not coming up... I can PM the details to you, may be I'm doing something wrong...

8th gen was launched in 2008 and facelifted in 2012, simple as that. Facelift was slightly different bumpers, lights and grille, few other minor things also.

Delivery to Dublin is £23 takes 2-3 days.

richsprint Sorry, it's really a different model with a different bumper and grill, so it would'n fit. Sorry for bothering again. And thank you so much for letting me know about different types as I didn't know.

8th gen launched 2008

7502ba2fcba2448680704869774d4598.jpg

8th gen facelift model 2012, note different bumper, grille and lights.

6ec1f88e7aebd41b4b0154b32013ab26.jpg

Thanks richsprint now I know I have a facelift model. It looks that it will be very hard to find any second hand parts for that so I will be ringing Holdcroft Honda tomorrow.

Also try some of these breakers yard part finder websites, submit your request and they search for you and come back with prices, saves loads of time:

http://www.1stchoice.co.uk/car-parts/honda

http://www.carsparefinder.co.uk/

http://www.partsgateway.co.uk/parts/car-parts/honda

Sounds like a pretty major repair, dash and airbags also, you will need the 'luck of the Irish' to pull it off for less than the cost of a working car and with no errors and warning lights.

Let us know how you get on, pics also.

I've tried 1stchoice and no luck but I will submit the request on other 2 websites. I will try to get some pictures over the weekend.

Well it's not so bad as it seems and there are not so many errors - everything is fixable also we have to labour cost as it's done in our own garage. So I hope to complete that significantly cheaper that it's minimum market price. But next challenge would be to reduce CO2 as Irish import tax depends on that and for this car is extremely expensive.

So after getting a 7th gen with bad mpg, changing every possible part to try and cure the bad mpg, buying a crashed 7th gen to swap the engine over to try and cure the bad mpg, that having still not cured your bad mpg you have how purchased a crashed 8th gen with many issues. Is this a wind up?

First of all even after changing all part for 7th gen and buying a crashed one I still made money on that =) It's actually more cost efficient to sell 2004 accord in parts =) then the whole running car :rolleyes:

Secondary there are not many issues, my worst problem is to get a second hand airbag kit as dealer price breaks my heart. There are no other errors or additional problems. I can get this car done in a weeks time by ordering all parts from dealer but prefer to hold on to save some money.

Believe me I wouldn't be doing something if I wouldn't be sure I will get some benefit out from that. I'm an accountant in the first place. :p

BTW 2012 Automatic has much better MPG than my old 2004 manual :lol:

So after getting a 7th gen with bad mpg, changing every possible part to try and cure the bad mpg, buying a crashed 7th gen to swap the engine over to try and cure the bad mpg, that having still not cured your bad mpg you have how purchased a crashed 8th gen with many issues. Is this a wind up?
i will second this i new 1st time round this was a wind up?? why do you need new seatbelts?? love to see the pictures you talk about posting

i will second this i new 1st time round this was a wind up?? why do you need new seatbelts?? love to see the pictures you talk about posting
also in the list, needs airbags too (probably Nitrous Oxide ones for Dublin)

Airbags are one of most expensive things to replace and will right off most cars.
Don't go down the road of these dodgy airbags mentioned in a previous thread