What's new

Manual transmission options for F20B6

RoyalHD

Members
Reaction score
Car
CG9
I've done some resarch over the last few days, and I can't really find anything on the subject.
I got a F20B6 and are going to do a Auto to manual swap. The only problem is that there aren't any scrapyards in here in Norway with a manual 2.0 Accord. In fact the 2.0 Accord is pretty rare to come by here.

So i was wondering. I've taken a look at a list over f-series transmissions. First of all my engine isn't listed there, so i really don't know what the "correct" transmission would be. Second i wonder if all of the f-series transmissions is compatible with the f-series engines?
Theres alot of 1.8 Accords around here, so if that transmission would work fine that would be great

Appreciate all the help I can get:)

Have you thought about buying from outside Norway? The gearbox you are looking for is available e.g from Totalparts.nl, and you at least can be guaranteed it fits and can handle the engine output. I have no idea about delivery charges but you can of course pick it up if you are up for a long drive.

Or you can perhaps buy the cheapest, crappiest local 1.8 gearbox and see if it fits, and then buy one in good condition.

Yeah, but ebay is the only place i trust and know about. I tried to find one on the webpage you mentioned but i couldn't find one :-/ What i was hoping is that for example a prelude one would fit. Most of the 1.8 gearboxes here is about €900 so it's pretty expensive to buy just to test it :p

But thanks for the tip ;)

RoyalHD said:
Yeah, but ebay is the only place i trust and know about. I tried to find one on the webpage you mentioned but i couldn't find one :-/ What i was hoping is that for example a prelude one would fit. Most of the 1.8 gearboxes here is about €900 so it's pretty expensive to buy just to test it :p

But thanks for the tip ;)
Ken I completed a auto to manual swap on my 1.8 is & used a 2 ltr. 5 sp. gearbox so it must work the other way round...there is only 15 bhp. difference between the 2 engines...should be no problem with the power .