What's new

Moving hood when drivin 140+ km hr

JPS

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Jazz 1.2
Hello guys
Today when I drove about 140 / 160 km hour I noticed the hood of my Tourer was vibrating. Is this a commen problem and is there a DIY to solve it?

Thank you
JP

140kmh?? really ;)

if the bonnet is moving... open the bonnet ( when stationary) ! and look at either corner on the front just by the headlights and there should be some rubber stoppers. unscrew them a turn so they raise slightly.

shut bonnet and press down on either side of the bonnet lightly. if there is no movement and the shut lines look good, your done .. if there is a bit of movement.. open up bonnet and raise the stopper a bit more :)

So that is about 85mph to 100mph
When you say hood do you mean sunroof ? or roof lining.

Had the same problem look at my thread.If its not the rubber seal in the link then adjust your 2 bonnet rubbers to cushion the bonnet more.This worked for me and no more rattles.
http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/12322-a-slight-rattle-sound-from-the-steering-column/

I think I read on the 'other' accord forum that there is a technical service bulletin about this. Honda produce a bigger rubber seal for the back edge of the bonnet, by the wipers, to stop the bonnet vibrating. Speak to your Honda dealer, it might even be a free warranty job.

Mine does it also.

I think I read on the 'other' accord forum that there is a technical service bulletin about this. Honda produce a bigger rubber seal for the back edge of the bonnet, by the wipers, to stop the bonnet vibrating. Speak to your Honda dealer, it might even be a free warranty job.

Mine does it also.
Rich just adjust the 2 rubbers at the front under the bonnet to come out more job done.mine had the upgraded rubber seal already

I have a look at it, I'm also missing one of the rubbers either side of the central latch. Ordered one from HH but they sent me the wrong one...argh. Got one coming later this week.

Fitted the new central rubber stopper and screwed the side ones up a bit, so I'll see how it goes. Will also check with Honda if my car had the recall done.

Good stuff rich keep us updated

Hello,
Last week I did unscrew the rubber points which hits the bonnet when it is closed. Now the bonnet has a more secure fit, so it isn't moving when driving fast

Thank's for the tip!

Take care
JP

Good feedback JP