What's new

Mugen Quick Shift

dinoc

Members
Reaction score
Car
2008 Accord Type-S
I have installed a Mugen Quick shift also and I've very pleased with the result.
The shifting has a more direct feeling , the shift knob sits much better now in a lower position and it has a short throw , too
Not so short like Comptech short shifter but still shorter than OEM one, but the downside of the Comptech one is that you need more effort to engage.
(I had Comptech short shifter on my previous CL7).

I followed bellow steps to install this:
http://tsxcore.blogspot.com/2010/03/mugen-short-shifter-how-to.html

nice Dinoc..i see you're a Mugen fan also :D ...as for the Comptech did you find that you needed more effort in 1st but the rest are the same? That's at least how it is for mine...as for the Mugen....I'm wondering why Honda didn't use a straight shifter for our cars in the beginning :)

Yep big fain :( ( I'm thinking somehow to the Mugen sport suspension also, but not sure how suitable will be for 2.4 since their Euro-R has 2.0 engine :) )

Yes with Comptech you need to put more effort, at least this is how I remmeber, (definetely shifting into 1 gear, don't remeber the others)
but I guess this is what you pay for, shorter shifter harder movement.
The Mugen one is closed to OEM, just a little shorter movement, just a little more effort, lower shift knob, all this creates a more direct shifting .

nice Dinoc..i see you're a Mugen fan also :( ...as for the Comptech did you find that you needed more effort in 1st but the rest are the same? That's at least how it is for mine...as for the Mugen....I'm wondering why Honda didn't use a straight shifter for our cars in the beginning :D

indeed...would love to have someone review the mugen suspension....but guess it really for a hardcore fan(even i couldn't strech to it with what was available for the price :eek: )..best of luck you know where we are to ask anything :rolleyes:

Anyone know anywhere in the uk where I can get a Mugen Short Shifter from in the uk for my CL7 Euro R?

Cheers