What's new

Music tracks list

mps500

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord es gt
Hi, I am using a usb 3 to play my music. When i scroll down the list there iis a 4-6 sec delay in showing up the next 10 or so tracks..I would need to scroll very slowly in order for the tracks to show up continuously which is a pain.I have tried the same usb in a BMW and it shows all the tracks effortlessly as i scroll down even at speed. Any one know why this is happening? Any help would be much appreciated.

If you can, try another USB flash drive.
for me one is working much faster than other...
Also if you have 300+ songs in the folder, obviously it will load slower, than smaller list, also if the list is very long it will not load all the songs until you start scrolling.

other cheap flash drives even not loading if you shutdown and starting my car in short time, while faster ones doesn't have this issue

Mine is slow too. I don't find it an issue though...

Maybe it depends on the capacity of your flash drive, mine is 8Gb with no problems. However mine is laid out in the following way, Album/track with some Artist/Albums/tracks with a few odd track on there own.

John

I also found that there is definately a hard limit to the number of tracks that the system will acknowledge on a USB stick. An iPod works better in that all the tracks seem to be available - but i would regard the iPod intergration as mediocre. My previous car, with a replacement SatNav had MUCH better iPod support and that SatNav wasn't new and I must have bought it about the time my Honda was built.

it works, better than a USB stick, but thats about all I can say.

Sean

yeah the ICE in the Accords always seems behind the curve, 7th gen doesn't even have an aux input as standard

I use an iphone and the update of the artist / song list is also slow. Just have to be patient I'm afraid.