What's new

My accord wont start

kodikalam

Reaction score
Car
Accord
I have 2008 accord. After being on holiday for 2 weeks it wont start- the brakes seems to be jammed and the ABS signal flickers when try starting and makes funny noise .The brakes doesnt seem to work. My friend use to start once in few days while I was away and the battery is live as the lights works ok. Any reason why it does so.
Thanks
Siva

Have you measured the battery output rather than guessing?

You should leave your handbrake off when you go away for a long time.

What engine have you got?

Repeatedly starting a car without letting it run and top the battery up will eventually cause the battery to go flat. What noises is it making? Clicking noise?

As Dan says you need to measure the battery output to see for definate if the battery is to blame.

Also what do you mean about the brakes not working? If you release the handbrake will the car move at all. If not your brakes are seized and may need stripping to free them. Sometimes if you can get the car started they will release.

I think from what you've put there's two faults here both caused by standing unused.

Sounds like a flat battery to me, get it bump started or jump started and see if brakes free off when you drive it.

Glad your sorted and was an easy fix ;)

:D. Glad to hear it bud.