What's new

My Car Hates Me

Monzta

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Aerodeck
In the last week I've finally got the massive hole in my OSF floorpan welded up ready for the MOT.

mVxOUSQ.jpg

umShT5m.jpg

I also found a puddle of water under the rear passenger carpet. Most likely culprit being rainwater getting past the membrane in the door. I cleaned away all the old mastic and replaced with butyl tape and so far so good, no more leaks ... fingers crossed.

Then yesterday I lift the driver's carpet and it's swimming with water. Once again it's finding its way through the bulkhead. I thought I'd solved all those issues a couple of years ago.

I really like my Accord, but it seems to hate me. :(

Mr Honda said:
Does it have a sunroof?? I'd be looking at clogged channels there too...
Sunroof drainage seems OK, the water is getting in through the bulkhead and seeping out from the place in the photo. And it's a big leak too, not just a dribble.

Plus I just had a closer look at the passenger side and the foam under the rubber sound deadening is soaking wet too. I flippin' give up. Such a good car ruined by a terrible design fault. :angry:

Sh1FKJz.jpg

It might be a gap that has opened up between the windscreen and the nearside A pillar. Have you had the glass replaced recently ?

I suppose you have already eliminated the heater matrix pipes.

It's definitely not from the heater matrix, it's clean rainwater that's getting in. And it's getting in from dropping rain rather than being thrown up from the wet road as it fills up when the cars been standing.

Not had the windscreen out either.

I did have a bodyshop do a lot of welding to the car back in 2017, it cost me £700 in all which stopped the leaks until now. Where they couldn't reach to weld such as behind the turret tops they slathered in loads of Tigerseal type material. I'm guessing that has now failed due to the corrosion underneath and water's getting in again.

I've kind of lost heart with it now, seriously thinking of stripping it for parts, getting a small loan and buying a Mk7 Tourer.