What's new

Nav doesn't go to black

lizard

Members
Reaction score
Car
07 Accord 2.2 EX
Hi all,

Drove my car in the dark last night for the first time (07 EX - had it two weeks). The satnav doesn't want to go into the night mode i.e. black background. I started off on Auto lights and then tried it manual. I've changed the settings for the nav and also tried pressing the button on the console but it will only ever stay in daylight mode. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, any clue as to how to fix it?

Thanks

From memory you need to press the day/night button twice.
If it doesn't work tone the brightness down with the arrow keys.

The other thing to try is the cluster light adjuster by the speedo. make sure you are one or two notches below full. Otherwise the whole lot stay on full day mode even when the headlights are on.

Also there is a setting to set the nav to Auto when putting your lights on.Unfortunately mine nether worked properly on this function.

The auto function works only when it wants to. By memory (I have not used this piece of rubbish for quite a while) there is a setting of the daytime and night-time brightness and colours... If your night-time settings are the same as daytime, the system does change between the two, but you don't see any difference.

Think you`ll find Dan is right. Just turn the adjuster in the dial cluster back one click and everything will work as it should

Thanks for the feedback so far.

I tried turning the dial back all the way but it still doesn't work. When I try to manually change the brightness it goes to very dim but never switches to the black background.

Any other ideas?