What's new

Mixotroph

Reaction score
Car
CL9 Type S
Hi all,

New owner of a CL7 type S tourer with an issue with the car alarm, long story short:
The car had the issue when I went to look at it, the dealer ***ured me the incorrect battery he had fitted was the cause of this issue, looking past that it's a very solid car with a lot of potential so we did a deal and I managed to drive it home (around 45 minutes) with the dodgy battery and no alarm after getting it off the drive (It did go off when getting into the car).
Since installing the new and correct battery the alarm siren immediately starts up as soon as the battery is connected.

So here's what I've tried:
Checked and cleaned the bonnet latch sensor.
Checked most every fuse in the interior and engine bay, a few unrelated are missing in the interior fuse box. Then started trying removing interior fuses 2, 7, and 8 and 31 with varying results, none actually stopping the alarm.
Going into the rear quater panel trim and disconnecting the siren directly (just started with the indicators instead) or just the relays connected to the siren.
Alarm disarming sequence in drivers side door.
The key FOB is no longer paired to central locking and i tried a new FOB battery and the repairing sequence in the ignition.

None of these have helped me isolate a specific issue or offered any kind of temporary fix, I've also tried a dozen phone calls or so around for some advice and ended up trying the above list.

Could use some help of someone has had a similar issue and can offer some advice or guidance.

Can't wait to start enjoying my K24 wagon,

Cheers!

Tldr; alarm is stuck on and I've tried everything I can think of, send help.

Last edited:
Could be the back up battery in the alarm siren they eventually will no longer hold any charge. They are available online and you can unplug old and plug in new.
I'm sure this is covered in a few threads on here