What's new

New CDTI Owner - A Few Questions HFT/TMC

davecmr

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer Sport Diesel
Hello!

I've just sold my MB6 VTI-S and replaced it with a facelift Accord 2.2 I-CDTI Tourer Sport with Nav & HFT. I've been doing a lot of googling and searching on forums to see if I can find any information on a few problems I've been having.

Does the TMC only light up green/let you view traffic events if you have a route planned? (How do I get into diagnostics mode as mentioned in the large TMC Does it work thread)

The HFT, paired ok with my Blackberry 9700 but when I make a call if I start the call on the handset I have to then transfer the call to the Honda HFT once the call is connected (Seems a common problem and I cant find a fix. This never happens with Bluetooth headsets or my Nokia Bluetooth car kit, I suspect its a fault on the phone somewhere)

How many contacts can the HFT store from my phone? Did I read 50 in the owners manual? Can I transfer just the ones I want it to store, if so how do I do it?

Cheers in advance.
Dave.

TMC should turn green even without route. As soon as it picks up a station which provides TMC data.

The HFT issue is not an issue I think, just the way it is. If I start a call form phone I can choose i I want it transferred to HFT or not. Which makes sense. If I want to make a call from HFT I just use it to select the number from what I have saved, or dial it from mobile, disconnect, and then say Redial. Viola. Works for me.

TMC should turn green even without route. As soon as it picks up a station which provides TMC data.

The HFT issue is not an issue I think, just the way it is. If I start a call form phone I can choose i I want it transferred to HFT or not. Which makes sense. If I want to make a call from HFT I just use it to select the number from what I have saved, or dial it from mobile, disconnect, and then say Redial. Viola. Works for me.

Mines staying red all the time so maybe something is not working. As for the HFT from what i've been reading some phones when you start the call from the handset automatically transfer to the HFT (as long as there connected ie ignition on) and others dont and like you said dial, disconnect then say Redial.

How do I transfer just certain names/numbers to the HFT as my phonebook has over 100 contacts in it.

Thanks.

There ain't that much room on the phone memory - and you have to input each entry verbally and individually.

There ain't that much room on the phone memory - and you have to input each entry verbally and individually.

Ok thats not a problem as there's only about 10 people I'd want on it.

Thanks.