What's new

Nissan 350Z - Paint Correction + Valet

Paul Smith

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S
Afternoon all,

Detailed a 350Z at the wekend so I thought I'd share some pic's and info here.

Although my main interest is now in photography, detailing and valeting has always been a past time of mine for years now. Despite having my camera with me, I neglected to take many "before" shots to turn this into an in depth detailing thread so I do apologise. You won’t find any pictures of an expensive tub of polish sitting on a well folded micro-fibre cloth here I'm afraid :lol:

Anyway, I'll list what products were used along wit some description which I hope will be of some interest to you all.

It was obvious to me that car had seen some paint correction before but it looked like it had been caried out using a very rough compound on an old hard pad . . . not nice.

The car had been taken to a local jet wash shortly before I arrived as there is no water supply in the secure underground car park where the car is kept so there was no snow foaming on this occasion.

*Full car washed using two bucket method and Meguiars shampoo plus.
*Front, sides and rear of car de-tarred using AS Tardis.
*Full car re-washed again.
*Bodywork and glass clayed using Meguairs Medium clay bar and Last Touch as lubricant.
*Full Body correction carried out using Porter Cable DA Polisher, 3M compounding pad and Megs Ultra Cut Compound #105.
*Full car then polished using Megs Ultra Finishing polish #205 and 3M Perfect IT III polishing pad.
*Bodywork then sealed AG Ultra Deep Shine.
*A coat of Collinite No.915 Marque D'Elegance Car Wax then applied.
*Tyres dressed with AS HighStyle.
*Exhaust tip de tarred using Tardis then metal wool and polished with AG Metal Polish
*Glass cleaned and treated with AG Car Glass Polish.
*Brake calipers de greased, brushed and polished.
*Dashboard cleaned and treated with AG HighStyle.
*Leather cleansed and fed using Auto Glym leather cleaner and Conditioner.
*Seats cleaned with AG Leather Cleaner and treated with AG Leather Car Cream
*Full car brushed and hoovered

Some light scratching.
Nov-2011525.jpg

Nov-2011524.jpg

How the clay bar looked after doing roof -
Nov-2011528.jpg

How the clay bar looked after doing front bumper-
Nov-2011530.jpg

Nov-2011544.jpg

Nov-2011531.jpg

Nov-2011532.jpg

Nov-2011537.jpg

Nov-2011059.jpg

Nov-2011497.jpg

I've deliberatley adjusted the camera settings here to best show the paint. The lighting in the underground car park was not the best for taking pictures :)

Nov-2011552.jpg

Nov-2011559.jpg

Great job and handy for me as i have just got a DAS6 and am wondering what compounds etc to use. Any recommendations for the Accords soft paint.??