What's new

Noisey electiric car whine

Timberfake

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord v-tec s
So when i start my journeys the car is done as can be... but by the time I get to 30 minutes or more the car sound like an electric car with a big whine coming from engine bay gets louder with the revs and if car is still turning wheel makes it whine a bit then I surpose that would make the revs increase slightly... have no idea were to start on this one... its weird..

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Try taking off the auxiliary belt and running it to see if it disappears.
Sounds like the Power steering pump.

Bounder said:
Try taking off the auxiliary belt and running it to see if it disappears.
Sounds like the Power steering pump.
It only does it when I been driving approx 30 mins and more so if i just been going through country lanes..

Number of pulleys/wheels under the bonnet could be anything, could be alternator whine?

ScoobyDoo said:
Number of pulleys/wheels under the bonnet could be anything, could be alternator whine?
I did replace alternator in the summer so I would hope its not that.. it does seem to go in time with reving and steering..

I had this when I bought the car, power steering fluid was leaking and hardly any fluid in the reservoir, once that was sorted the noise was gone. Next whine was shot A/C compressor pulley bearing, this week's whine is failing alternator.

Angry Ant said:
I had this when I bought the car, power steering fluid was leaking and hardly any fluid in the reservoir, once that was sorted the noise was gone. Next whine was shot A/C compressor pulley bearing, this week's whine is failing alternator.
My fluid I'd fine..it got really loud other day and then when parked i would move steering wheel a little a d then it would whine with the rev increase

Apparently perished o-rings at the power steering pump can cause this too, there's a few youtube videos about it. Do you have a leak on your main top high pressure power steering line? I think air was getting in the system from the leak that I had in that line.

Angry Ant said:
Apparently perished o-rings at the power steering pump can cause this too, there's a few youtube videos about it. Do you have a leak on your main top high pressure power steering line? I think air was getting in the system from the leak that I had in that line.
I don't seem to have any signs of a leak to be honest..