What's new

Outside temperature sensor

csak1981

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer 8th Ge
Just checking if others on here experience same as me with regards to the outside temperature sensor reading.
What I'm getting is if after stopping car after it has either semi or fully warmed up upon restarting after maybe being in the shops for a period (could be as little as 5 mins) the sensor will read a good 5-6 degrees more than what it was at before stopping. It will slowly decrease back down and i mean slowly to an accurate reading of what i know the local outside temperature should be after driving for a few minutes.

It's almost as if the sensor is picking up the heat from the nearby radiator or the engine bay itself due to not moving through air.

It's just that the hot gas heater is meant to activate around 5 degrees or lower outside temp (with coolant temp lower than 70) and so say it's 3 degrees outside the sensor will read well over 5 degrees once jumping back in car and so this hot gas ***ist heater never seems to activate.

Is this normal on everyone else's sensor reading or is mine acting up as i wouldn't mind paying for replacement