What's new

P0341 - camshaft position sensor fault

dys152

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Type-S
Hi guys, I have a 2003 2.4 Type-S, done around 90000 miles. Am getting this fault code and have cleared it and it re-appears after a few seconds of driving :( Car drives fine although idles low and when accelerating, have noticed the odd miss. After searching the forums, it appears that it's likely that the timing change has jumped (presumably not by much due to the smoothish running?). However before I go further would like to check the sensor/wiring etc myself, my question that I can't seem to find the answer for is where abouts is the camshaft sensor?! Presumably on the top somewhere under the cover? Also, is there anything else I can check that could be causing this as am burying my head in the sand about the timing chain?!!!!

One final thing, is it an easy job to see if the chain has jumped? Presumably need to line up the crankshaft to TDC and see if the cams are in the right place, are there markings for all of this?

Cheers,

Jon

On a 6th gen(single-cam engines) its not that hard to check if timing is correct, but you have to take off the belt covers and the valve cover, which can be tricky... Then you have marks on the camshaft pulley and in the crankshaft pulleys, quite easy to spot. The 7th gen shouldn't be quite different...

Also, in the 6th gen, the sensor is in the crankshaft, and its a bit hard to reach, since you have to remove the crank pulley to reach it.

Jon there was a member last week with the same issue,
I would say going by the other member to might need a new chain.

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated, will take a look at the weekend. Presume I will need a new cam cover gasket if i take that off (had similar problems on my previous none honda car!).

Cheers,

Jon