What's new

Please tell me if these Calipers are correct?

bagpuss

Members
Reaction score
Car
2006 2.2 cdi estate
Could someone tell me if these are a straight bolt on for for my 2.2CDTi 2005/6 Estate?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Accord-Type-R-1998-2002-300m-Twin-Pot-Calipers-Big-Brake-Integra-Civic-/221724975957?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Car+Make%3AHonda|Model%3AAccord|Cars+Type%3A2.2+Type-R&hash=item339fd6a355

Seem ok conditon compared with most , and am doing rear caliper rebuild / braided hose/ Castrol react fluid change .

Makes sence to do all at once , as Mot has now expired!

Also if these are can someone tell me what pads i look for ? :wacko: ?

:)

Have ordered some of e-bay , not the above ones , as never mailed me back , but another pair .

Will have to rebuild them, but will only cost £10 more and come with the discs and pads - so all good.

Got the calipers today , thought they were the wrong ones as so massive!

Bigger than anything i had seen, my mk2 golf 16v are half the size!

So really ***umed i had made a mistake, so took front wheel off, and existing caliper with carrier.

offered the new one up with some doubts - but fitted disc so result!

Blasted old pistons out to check their size - 38/42mm

And ordered complete refurb kit so will strip/paint refurb and fit.

cannot wait to to try them out!

Checked the prices at lings , and would have cost around £1300!!!! Bonus ' around £200 all in and a bit of effort!

Result! I manages to pick up a set of ATR calipers for €60, haven't gotten round to fitting them yet, but in no hurry at the moment!

The complete rebuild kit (not pin sliders) cost me £70. x 4 pistons/seals/ etc

Had trouble getting one of pistons as quite siezed in, had to soak it in wd40 overnight, then get a pair of mole-grips to rotate , and losen it- but still took 160psi to blow it out!

And those seals are certainly a nightmare to fit ! :eek:

But is all going on tomorrow (hopefully!) fingers crossed no leaks. :unsure: