What's new

Possible Servo Issue 2.0 Auto

modo

Reaction score
Car
Accord 7th Gen
Hi all,

Just bought my first Honda, its a MK7 2.0 Auto Executive, so I believe this is the correct place to post my question...

I just wondered if what I'm noticing is normal or could point to a possible issue, basically if the engine has been stopped for even a few minutes the brake pedal goes hard as if its been pumped a few times, I noticed this after like the 2nd time driving it as being an auto every time the engine is turned off you have to press the brake to get it into a driving gear.

So just wondering if this could be a brake servo leak, or is this perhaps normal? Car was well looked after by prev. owners (full Honda service history) so its not like car has been abused.

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Oops only setting this now. You could simply have a leak in the vacuum line to the Brake Servo. I'd start there first! Much cheaper than replacing the whole braking servo. The rubbers over time tend to corrode.

Did you ever found out if it's normal?
I have the same symptom on a 2004 2.0 Auto, pedal goes hard after engine is off for 5 minutes, have the car for almost 1 year and noticed right away but never thought much of it until I read this post, have a service soon so I'll ask then.

Did anyone ever get to the cause of this problem, because I have a brake pedal been doing this for a few weeks?