What's new

Potentially scrapping my Accord

Monzta

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Aerodeck
I'm seriously considering stripping and scrapping my Accord due to corrosion. Mechanically though it's very good with only 91K on the clock and a very good service history. I'll strip out as much as I can to sell and hopefully recoup some of my losses.

Question is, can anyone recommend any parts in particular that I should remove that might be in demand or of value? It's a 2001 2.0 SE Executive hatch with manual 'box.

I'm after the exhaust cat converter for my dad's accord

Let me know how much your after. I don't mind if it's cut off the exhaust.

Your better of breaking it only worth scrap value

You have my sympathy Glenn, I have hated getting rid of every car I have owned once the tin worm has spoken. The saddest being the Accord 1600 twin carb (Hong Kong import) after the MOT station said the only thing holding the boot to the car was the rear window. Everything else was running a treat.

See what they are worth now (in the eye of the seller that is).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323816223371

If you have a barn or can fit a Marley down the bottom of the garden then storing yours for thirty years might give you a profit, but it is a speculative gamble.

H22a7 said:
I'm after the exhaust cat converter for my dad's accord

Let me know how much your after. I don't mind if it's cut off the exhaust.

Your better of breaking it only worth scrap value
The last time I looked my cat looked very ropey and probably the cause of an exhaust leak I've had recently. Still weighing up whether to scrap it or not.

Channel Hopper said:
You have my sympathy Glenn, I have hated getting rid of every car I have owned once the tin worm has spoken. The saddest being the Accord 1600 twin carb (Hong Kong import) after the MOT station said the only thing holding the boot to the car was the rear window. Everything else was running a treat.

See what they are worth now (in the eye of the seller that is).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323816223371

If you have a barn or can fit a Marley down the bottom of the garden then storing yours for thirty years might give you a profit, but it is a speculative gamble.

I've spent so much time and money on my Mk6 replacing rotten metal and chasing leaks from the bulkhead, tailgate hinges, roof seams, back lights and so on. In the meantime my Mk3 Aerodeck has been a bit neglected and that's the one that's rising in value so I need to shift my focus back to that one. In five years its value has quadrupled at least so I don't want it fall into disrepair.

Having said that, I've done about 250 miles in the Mk6 this weekend and it's been a real pleasure. So with that in mind I might put another year's MOT on it and see if I can sell it as is to someone who wants a very good car and is happy to try sorting the last leaks out themselves.