What's new

Power Fold Mirror - passenger side not dipping in reverse

FPL_WULF

Reaction score
Car
ACCORD I-DTEC EX GT
Hi

The Mrs smashed my passenger side mirror so I bought a replacement from eBay (power folding) and changed it over. The connections were the same. However, prior to changing the mirror when I put the car into reverse the passenger side mirror would dip so I can see the kerb. This worked only when the mirror switch was positioned to the passenger mirror. Anyway, it no longer works. Does this mean I bought a mirror without the feature? or does it need to reset/calibrated somehow?

Thanks

Hi

The Mrs smashed my passenger side mirror so I bought a replacement from eBay (power folding) and changed it over. The connections were the same. However, prior to changing the mirror when I put the car into reverse the passenger side mirror would dip so I can see the kerb. This worked only when the mirror switch was positioned to the passenger mirror. Anyway, it no longer works. Does this mean I bought a mirror without the feature? or does it need to reset/calibrated somehow?

Thanks

Apparently it's only on certain trim levels so maybe the mirror came from a car that didn't have it

1702035364539.png

Makes sense, just thought I might be missing a way of resetting the function. I bought a powerfold mirror as replacement but did not check if it had the reverse tilt function. Oh well. Not a major issue.