What's new

Power Folding Mirrors

.LiamC.

Reaction score
Car
Accord EX Estate
Hi All,

I have a 2009 EX Estate (UK) and recently the passenger side electric folding mirror stopped working, but the drivers side still works fine. Unfortunately, it was shut when it stopped working so had to ‘force’ it back out to be able to use it. How easy is to fix this – thinking it is a new module/motor? Would there likely be any other parts needed to be replaced especially as I had to force it back out?

Thanks,

Does the passenger window go down? This, the passenger mirror and the power tailgate are all controlled by the passenger side window switch circuit board. Prise up the trim, clean all contacts and reassemble.

There is a small electronic component that has gone, I remember there was a fix posted here a while ago and a member used to do it for a small charge if you send him the faulty part... or it might have been on the Civics forum... anyway, the part costs pennies, but will require a bit of handywork and soldering abilities... I have done the one in my wife's civic a few years back and it has worked ever since...
You can do a bit of a search here or on the civic forums for the fix...