What's new

Power steering high pressure hose routing

bigngroovy

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 cdti tour-nav-hft
Screenshot_20201008-102331_eBay.jpg
hi, can anyone tell me what this rubber is for on the 2006 accord cdti power steering high pressure hose? Looks like it should fit into some type of mounting on the body/chassis, but there's nothing on the car for it to be mounted onto.
Thanks all.

Thats correct, you should also have with it or had taken off the old hose a metal bracket that'll wrap around and bolt it to the topside of the subframe, like a D-bush on an anti-roll bar.

There is a small threaded hole on the top surface of the subframe that the hose bracket gets bolted onto, chances of you finding it unobstructed and the aftermarket hose actually fitting properly are in my experience small. You could trying making something up but I just used some stainless cable ties as plastic ones will fail, not pretty but they've held and are covered by the under tray.

Thanks, there is no bracket for it that I can see, I had a garage fit it so not sure whether there was one in there. Would having no fixing for it produce any vibrations? Since I got car back it sounds as if one of the engine mounts is not doing its job properly and I'm getting vibrations and resonance in car. Sounds like exhaust has hole in it, but I don't think it's that, its definitely some kind of vibration. Does the gen 7 cdti have any vacuum controlled engine mounts that maybe pipe accidentally knocked off? Sounds similar (but not anywhere near as bad) as when I dropped a small ratchet and it fell into the subframe and made an awful vibrating sound. (I had to jack the engine up to get to it). Work I had done at garage was high pressure steering hose replaced, and front left abs sensor (including wiring) replaced. Now trying to work out what the vibrations are. Thanks.

If anyone could get a photo of what the bracket looks like I'd appreciate it, tricky to see down the back of the engine but a pic showing bracket in place would be appreciated too. Thanks again.

An unclamped hose would not cause the vibration you desctibe, it's securely fixed to the steering rack via the actual metal hose. You can probably actually live without the additional clamp tbh, sounds like you have bigger problems.

From an ebay listing, not that clear but you get the idea....

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited: